ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

incapacity benefit and spouse travelling abroad

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

newagenow
Newly Registered

incapacity benefit and spouse travelling abroad

Post by newagenow » Wed May 26, 2010 3:35 pm

My wife was granted entry clearance visa and came to live in UK in December 2009. I am in receipt of housing benefit and incapacity benefit (both in my name).

She is planning to visit her home country- Serbia very soon. She might stay between two or three months there. (Is she allowed to stay that long?)

Two questions:

- Can she travel at all while having active Entry Clearance Visa

- When she come back will they reassess our situation (me, claiming benefits in my name, etc.)

She will have substantial amount of money with her while travelling. She is unemployed here.

Do we need to be afraid because of forthcomming journey?
Thank you for you replies.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed May 26, 2010 6:38 pm

She is not imprisoned in the UK, and is perfectly entitled to leave and to re-enter. On the visa you should see "MULT" ... a multi-entry visa.

On re-entry to the UK they will not reassess the financial position.

Finally, no problem her being out of the country 2 or 3 months.
John

newagenow
Newly Registered

Thank you!!!

Post by newagenow » Wed May 26, 2010 8:09 pm

Dear John, thank you for you prompt answer to my question. It is a really helpfull place to get an answer for our immigration worries. All the best!