ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Top 10 nationalities for Eu Treaty Rights as Spouse

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

archigabe

Top 10 nationalities for Eu Treaty Rights as Spouse

Post by archigabe » Fri May 07, 2010 10:27 pm

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Sat May 08, 2010 1:26 am

Pakistanis and Nigerians at the top. I, for one, am shocked! :lol:

II6 Latvians married Pakistanis in 2009. That seems bogey to me.

According to the CSO, circa 3,500 Latvian females who are resident in the Irish state are aged betwee 15-39 .Once again, the CSO states that only 2,000 Latvian citizens, resident in Ireland, are in a relationship with a non Irish non Latvian citizen Now, only circa 4,500 of all Latvian adults, male and female, are single. Lets say 2,500 of them are women. There are more Latvian males resident in the state than Latvian women. But its the weekend and I am feeling generous.

Are we to believe, that in one year alone, over 4% of single Latvian women resident in the state, fell in love and married Pakistani men? The chances of this are millions to one. Its impossible. Thats before one takes into account the language, cultural and social barriers. Latvians are not very religous, so I dont believe this to be a barrier.

*There are a total of 13,000 Latvians resident in Ireland.

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Mon May 10, 2010 5:13 pm

IrishTom wrote:Pakistanis and Nigerians at the top. I, for one, am shocked! :lol:

II6 Latvians married Pakistanis in 2009. That seems bogey to me.

According to the CSO, circa 3,500 Latvian females who are resident in the Irish state are aged betwee 15-39 .Once again, the CSO states that only 2,000 Latvian citizens, resident in Ireland, are in a relationship with a non Irish non Latvian citizen Now, only circa 4,500 of all Latvian adults, male and female, are single. Lets say 2,500 of them are women. There are more Latvian males resident in the state than Latvian women. But its the weekend and I am feeling generous.

Are we to believe, that in one year alone, over 4% of single Latvian women resident in the state, fell in love and married Pakistani men? The chances of this are millions to one. Its impossible. Thats before one takes into account the language, cultural and social barriers. Latvians are not very religous, so I dont believe this to be a barrier.

*There are a total of 13,000 Latvians resident in Ireland.
maybe Latvians are nice? or Pakistan men are handsome?
pen pen de sarapin de kutsilyo de armasen
haw haw de karabaw de batutin

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Mon May 17, 2010 1:51 pm

You could read a lot into the stat's in that document. It's also interesting to note that Latvians and Poles are listed in nearly every row of that document:
  1. Indian: 36 marriages to Latvians
    Ukraine: 30 marriages to Latvians
    Russia: 27 marriages to Latvians
    Nigerian: 16 marriages to Latvians
    Moldova: 16 marriages to Latvians
    Brazilian: 6 marriages to Latvians
    South Africa: 3 marriages to Latvians
    China: 3 marriages to Latvians
  1. Pakistan: 50 marriages to Poles
    India: 28 marriages to Poles
    Nigeria: 22 marriages to Poles
    Brazil: 22 marriages to Poles
    South Africa: 9 marriages to Poles
    Ukraine: 7 marriages to Poles
    China: 6 marriages to Poles
    America: 5 marriages to Poles
    Russia: 5 marriages to Poles
    Moldova: 3 marriages to Poles
The high number of marriages between Latvians/Poles and Russians/Ukranians is less surprising but some of the other countries would definitely be interesting statistically!

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Mon May 17, 2010 11:34 pm

A few years ago we had an unofficial poll on the combinations of nationalities...it's nice to have some official stats. If there's any couples out there who are not on the list,please feel free to post!

sovtek

Post by sovtek » Wed May 26, 2010 10:27 am

I don't get the point of comparing what nationality marry which nationality other than to get MickTom in a tizzy.

sovtek

Post by sovtek » Wed May 26, 2010 10:34 am

IrishTom wrote:
Are we to believe, that in one year alone, over 4% of single Latvian women resident in the state, fell in love and married Pakistani men? The chances of this are millions to one. Its impossible. .
If you're dearly beloved then yes it would seem impossible.

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Wed May 26, 2010 11:18 am

sovtek wrote:I don't get the point of comparing what nationality marry which nationality other than to get MickTom in a tizzy.
You would had you read the reports on organisations that have been found to be advertising for Marriages of Convenience in those countries.
And who is mickTom? I sincerly hope you aren't substituting Irish with Mick for Irish Tom?

sovtek

Post by sovtek » Wed May 26, 2010 11:33 am

scrudu wrote: You would had you read the reports on organisations that have been found to be advertising for Marriages of Convenience in those countries.
Then I would understand a post about the adverts but not how many people from this country marry from another country. It's irrelevant. It's also dearly beloved to make some kind of judgement on whats a sham marriage from the nationality. It doesn't matter.
Anyway I'm not that worried about a few people that might be desperate enough to enter into a "sham marriage" because:

A. The "law" here is being used to get rid of as many immigrants as possible. If someone needs to find a loophole to try and prevent themselves from being torn from the life they've built here then so be it

B. The whole issue of "sham marriages" is being used as an excuse for C.

C. The government and the business class are the ones who've caused the situation in this country and are pitting us against "locals". That's the problem. Not "sham marriages".

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Wed May 26, 2010 11:49 am

sovtek wrote:I don't get the point of comparing what nationality marry which nationality other than to get MickTom in a tizzy.
sovtek wrote:If you're dearly beloved then yes it would seem impossible.
You were saying? :lol:

sovtek

Post by sovtek » Wed May 26, 2010 11:53 am

IrishTom wrote:
sovtek wrote:If you're dearly beloved then yes it would seem impossible.
You were saying? :lol:
Just giving you a little taste of your own.

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Wed May 26, 2010 11:57 am

sovtek wrote:Just giving you a little taste of your own.
Water off a ducks.....

Show me where I posted facial slurs and I will donate a crisp fifty euro bill to a charity of your choice.

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Wed May 26, 2010 1:31 pm

sovtek wrote:
scrudu wrote:You would had you read the reports on organisations that have been found to be advertising for Marriages of Convenience in those countries.
Then I would understand a post about the adverts but not how many people from this country marry from another country. It's irrelevant. It's also dearly beloved to make some kind of judgement on whats a sham marriage from the nationality. It doesn't matter.
Quite obviously it's not irrelevant considering groups have already been prosecuted for organising Marriages of Convenience for nationals of the countries listed in the figures. The figures don't lie. While it would be disingenuous and plainly wrong to suggest that all marriages between certain mixes of nationality are ones of convenience, it would be equally ridiculous to ignore known facts about financial arrangments that have been transacted in the past between certain nationalities.
sovtek wrote:Just giving you a little taste of your own.
If you want to insult IrishTom, then I suggest you take it offline or send him a PM. Substituting "Mick" for Irish is extremely derogatory. Save it for someplace else?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed May 26, 2010 1:35 pm

One cannot dispute or deny the fact that Tom is a total disgrace to the vast majority of Irish people. He possesses attributes, which i was unable to find in the vast majority of the citizen of that host nation, when i lived there.

Therefore substituting the Irish from his name, should be interpreted as an honour to Irish decency and not as derogatory.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Wed May 26, 2010 1:58 pm

Obie wrote:One cannot dispute or deny the fact that Tom is a total disgrace to the vast majority of Irish people. He possesses attributes, which i was unable to find in the vast majority of the citizen of that host nation, when i lived there.
Therefore substituting the Irish from his name, should be interpreted as an honour to Irish decency and not as derogatory.
Personally I don't care what you think or don't think about IrishTom and either way it's completely irrelevant to this thread or point. Again, take it offline! I'm sick of threads descending into "IrishTom's an XXX" and namecalling.

Regarding the part about "Mick": Sovtek is way out of line substituting Irish with "Mick" regardless of his or your feelings for IrishTom.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed May 26, 2010 2:22 pm

I think what is more out of line is people being villified and racially taunted by a particular member, because of the colour of their skin or nationality.

Then again, it does appear, that is not as bad as ones name being substituted .
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Wed May 26, 2010 3:07 pm

scrudu wrote:
Obie wrote:One cannot dispute or deny the fact that Tom is a total disgrace to the vast majority of Irish people. He possesses attributes, which i was unable to find in the vast majority of the citizen of that host nation, when i lived there.
Personally I don't care what you think or don't think about IrishTom and either way it's completely irrelevant to this thread or point. Again, take it offline! I'm sick of threads descending into "IrishTom's an XXX" and namecalling.

Regarding the part about "Mick": Sovtek is way out of line substituting Irish with "Mick" regardless of his or your feelings for IrishTom.
.....and at what stage does Tom or as it seems to be the case now, that your brief would include Tom taking responsibilities for his reckless posts and condescending remarks on this forum. In saying that I am assuming you have read many of his posts here. If you haven't I suggest you do.
Quite obviously it's not irrelevant considering groups have already been prosecuted for organising Marriages of Convenience for nationals of the countries listed in the figures. The figures don't lie. While it would be disingenuous and plainly wrong to suggest that all marriages between certain mixes of nationality are ones of convenience, it would be equally ridiculous to ignore known facts about financial arrangments that have been transacted in the past between certain nationalities.
BTW, talking about being disingenuous, is the inherent contradiction in your quoted statement intentional? Well I suppose those who have a penchant for generalization will always recourse to doing so even if they try pretending to be rational.
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Wed May 26, 2010 3:59 pm

obie wrote:I think what is more out of line is people being villified and racially taunted by a particular member, because of the colour of their skin or nationality.
Where has this been done in this thread? There is only 1 post by IrishTom in this thread and it relates to figures and his speculation on them. Nowhere is anyone being "villified and racially taunted". If you're referring to other threads then take it up there, and don't just search for threads with IrishTom to continue an ongoing feud with him.
obie wrote:Then again, it does appear, that is not as bad as ones name being substituted .
The former has not happened in this thread, the latter has.
9jeirean wrote:.....and at what stage does Tom or as it seems to be the case now, that your brief would include Tom taking responsibilities for his reckless posts and condescending remarks on this forum. In saying that I am assuming you have read many of his posts here. If you haven't I suggest you do.
Yes I have read IrishTom's posts and I have no wish to comment on them at this or any point. On the other hand I see that you and others like Obie have hijacked multiple useful threads by engaging in pointless spats that run over pages. At what point are you going to disengage and adress points raised in threads instead of degenerating posts into meaningless arguments that go absolutely no where? It's exhausting for everyone on the boards.

Case in point is that you still have not addressed any of the points above (marriages of convenience, statistics of those being married) or your insulting use of the term "mick" for an Irish person. Instead you focus on IrishTom who hadn't posted on this thread since 08/05, and now try to turn this into an argument with me. What's the point really? Do you get off on this?
9jeirean wrote:BTW, talking about being disingenuous, is the inherent contradiction in your quoted statement intentional? Well I suppose those who have a penchant for generalization will always recourse to doing so even if they try pretending to be rational.
No idea what you are talking about here. This makes absolutely no sense.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Wed May 26, 2010 4:25 pm

scrudu wrote:
9jeirean wrote:.....and at what stage does Tom or as it seems to be the case now, that your brief would include Tom taking responsibilities for his reckless posts and condescending remarks on this forum. In saying that I am assuming you have read many of his posts here. If you haven't I suggest you do.
Yes I have read IrishTom's posts and I have no wish to comment on them at this or any point. On the other hand I see that you and others like Obie have hijacked multiple useful threads by engaging in pointless spats that run over pages. At what point are you going to disengage and adress points raised in threads instead of degenerating posts into meaningless arguments that go absolutely no where? It's exhausting for everyone on the boards.

Case in point is that you still have not addressed any of the points above (marriages of convenience, statistics of those being married) or your insulting use of the term "mick" for an Irish person. Instead you focus on IrishTom who hadn't posted on this thread since 08/05, and now try to turn this into an argument with me. What's the point really? Do you get off on this?
9jeirean wrote:BTW, talking about being disingenuous, is the inherent contradiction in your quoted statement intentional? Well I suppose those who have a penchant for generalization will always recourse to doing so even if they try pretending to be rational.
No idea what you are talking about here. This makes absolutely no sense.

Are you sure you are not confused Scrudu?

In any case, let's start with the "Mick" statement. That post was made by sovtek. So I'll take it that whatever statements that followed wasn't meant for me. If however, that was meant for me, I challenge you to pull out any thread that I have hijacked as you claim, otherwise I demand that statement be withdrawn immediately.

Secondly, I wouldn't expect you to understand my response to your wanton contradiction. A balanced and objective mind will be required to do so.

and again you wrote:
Yes I have read IrishTom's posts and I have no wish to comment on them at this or any point.

Fair enough then, can I ask then that you shove your unsolicited jaundiced opinion about my posts. I hope this time you understand for once.
Last edited by 9jeirean on Wed May 26, 2010 4:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

SBT_Owner
Member of Standing

Post by SBT_Owner » Wed May 26, 2010 4:32 pm

Well done Scrudu . I do fear you are wasting your time though .

In the past i have spoken out many times against the constant attacks that Obie makes on members . It is not just IrishTom that is victim to his constant attacks , i remember he did the same to a member called Meats . I beleive his motives are very sinister .

I think Tom has started to take the high ground by ignoring such attacks . Maybe Obie needs to follow his example and just ignore posts by Tom as the constant fighting is a negative thing on this forum and is not needed .

It is really boring and has gone on way to long . Drop it already :roll: Let no more threads be ruined by fighting ....

*EDITS* i have just messaged John , so he will be very aware of this thread . My advice would be for people to take any arguments to private messages and keep said arguments off the forum . Thank you .
Please respect the sites admin and mod team . They donate time to this site for free . Let us thank them !
Tottenham Hotspur have made it into the Champions League . Great Times :0)