ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Not many in country applications for Tier 1 G lately??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Not many in country applications for Tier 1 G lately??

Post by rizwan567 » Wed May 26, 2010 1:11 pm

Dear forum members

After change of rules on 6 April 2010, I have not seen many posts indicating any fresh/switching applications for Tier 1 General within the UK.

I note from the timelines and experiences of other people that almost all the Tier 1 G applicants are from outside the UK. No one has applied within the UK???????

Has the criteria gone too difficult for in country applicants? OR it is just by chance that not many have applied in the last 50 days since the change of rules....

renzokuken

Re: Not many in country applications for Tier 1 G lately??

Post by renzokuken » Wed May 26, 2010 3:56 pm

rizwan567 wrote:Dear forum members

After change of rules on 6 April 2010, I have not seen many posts indicating any fresh/switching applications for Tier 1 General within the UK.

I note from the timelines and experiences of other people that almost all the Tier 1 G applicants are from outside the UK. No one has applied within the UK???????

Has the criteria gone too difficult for in country applicants? OR it is just by chance that not many have applied in the last 50 days since the change of rules....
Most of us switched before 6th April to avoid the new rules.

ep
Newly Registered

Post by ep » Wed May 26, 2010 5:14 pm

My brother applied (In-country) on 27th April (fee deducted on 5th May) and still awaiting reply.

push
United Kingdom

Re: Not many in country applications for Tier 1 G lately??

Post by push » Wed May 26, 2010 11:45 pm

renzokuken wrote:
rizwan567 wrote:Dear forum members

Most of us switched before 6th April to avoid the new rules.
That could be a plausible explanation
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

mistytom

Post by mistytom » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:16 am

I also applied on after April 6 and my application is going to the 7th week.
I am switching from PSW to Tier1 General
still waiting

is there any reason for the prolong decision of those switching via in-country application?
I mean..... why is switching from PSW to Tier1 General taking so long?

most friend extending tier1 Gen get case decided in less than 3 weeks

mistytom

Post by mistytom » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:13 am

please is there any Guru/ Senior member/Home Office worker rep ---- or any one who can advise why in-country Tier1 General application (Switching - PSW to Tier1 General) now take very long?

is it possible that an approximate timeline for incountry Tier1 switch be specified [ say ETA be given (estimated time of arrival) ]

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:29 am

mistytom wrote:please is there any Guru/ Senior member/Home Office worker rep ---- or any one who can advise why in-country Tier1 General application (Switching - PSW to Tier1 General) now take very long?

is it possible that an approximate timeline for incountry Tier1 switch be specified [ say ETA be given (estimated time of arrival) ]
to my knowledge it is extremely quick these days.. I have seen more than three psw2hsmp cases decided within 25 days of applying after change of rules.... So there isnt any such conspiracy against psw holders...

Blackwater1

Post by Blackwater1 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:07 am

Tier 1G can be a simple or very complicated case..Invoices,transactions,money...you know what I mean,may be that is the reason HO is taking their own sweet time to verify everything. :)

mistytom

Post by mistytom » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:31 am

wow 25 days?
now I am becoming uncomfortable.

will that be 25 working days or 25 actual days?

I did provide 2 source of earnings.
£28400 from paid employment paid by umbrella company
£13000 from self employment.

I am becoming apprehensive... as I need my passport for other interviews & medical scheduled soon in about 9 days

aliq09
Member of Standing
Mood:
United States of America

Post by aliq09 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:47 am

mistytom wrote:wow 25 days?
now I am becoming uncomfortable.

will that be 25 working days or 25 actual days?

I did provide 2 source of earnings.
£28400 from paid employment paid by umbrella company
£13000 from self employment.

I am becoming apprehensive... as I need my passport for other interviews & medical scheduled soon in about 9 days
Hi ,

Well ! once you will put "self employment" in your application , than forget the quick way and sit tight and call your clients to be ready to get call from HO . Go to them , give them discount or what ever HO will confirm the case really deeply in self employment business. This is due to the fact that some people has used this way to cheat HO and now good people like you and other have to wait months to get there visa.
Thanks

Ali