ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance Letter

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sdr
Newly Registered

Maintenance Letter

Post by sdr » Wed May 26, 2010 4:11 pm

Do I need to provide seperate maintenance fund letters for myself and my dependents?

bethnalblue

Re: Maintenance Letter

Post by bethnalblue » Wed May 26, 2010 7:29 pm

sdr wrote:Do I need to provide seperate maintenance fund letters for myself and my dependents?
What exactly do you mean with maintenance fund letters, I suggest you just provide the bank statements to prove that you have sufficent funds to maintain yourself and the dependent. Please do not provide extra documents unless required or asked.

All the best

sdr
Newly Registered

Post by sdr » Wed May 26, 2010 11:37 pm

bethnalblue wrote:
sdr wrote:Do I need to provide seperate maintenance fund letters for myself and my dependents?
What exactly do you mean with maintenance fund letters, I suggest you just provide the bank statements to prove that you have sufficent funds to maintain yourself and the dependent. Please do not provide extra documents unless required or asked.

All the best
For me it would be easier to have my bank issue a letter confirming bank balance.

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Post by potterbond007 » Thu May 27, 2010 10:12 am

sdr wrote: For me it would be easier to have my bank issue a letter confirming bank balance.
Is this something like a savings account? If it is a current account I would suggest going for the statements. The convenience of the EC officer is more important than your convenience isn't it.

bethnalblue

Post by bethnalblue » Thu May 27, 2010 2:18 pm

sdr wrote:
bethnalblue wrote:

All the best
For me it would be easier to have my bank issue a letter confirming bank balance.
As I have suggested you earlier that to be on a safer side you should provide your bank statements, finally its you who have to decide if its worth taking a chance or having peace of mind.

Goodluck

sdr
Newly Registered

Post by sdr » Thu May 27, 2010 3:01 pm

bethnalblue wrote:
sdr wrote:
bethnalblue wrote:

All the best
As I have suggested you earlier that to be on a safer side you should provide your bank statements, finally its you who have to decide if its worth taking a chance or having peace of mind.

Goodluck
I guess both a letter and statements wouldn't hurt