ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mortgage for HSMP visa holders

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

baskey

Mortgage for HSMP visa holders

Post by baskey » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:01 pm

Hi,

Recently i have found a house to buy. My HSMP visa is for another 2yrs 3 months. As i don't have PR in this country many mortgage lenders expect to put atleast 20-25 % of depost. Some are ready to lend but interest rate is over 6%.

I am having deposit of only 15% and looking for good deal. Did anyone share their experience, suggest better deals or ideas please.

Thanks,

Regards,

Baskey

tvt

Post by tvt » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:37 am

Try approaching Nationwide BS directly on their web-site. I got a mortgage with them well before I got my ILR. 15% is a nice chunk of deposit to start with.
-----------------------------------
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>

indian_in_uk

Post by indian_in_uk » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:24 pm

I am also in the same boat. I can produce around 10% deposit.
I have spoken with Halifax and Intelligent finance, both are ready to provide me mortgage.
Havnt spoken to Nationwide as of now but going to talk to them on wednesday and will post the details.
I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are; because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star.

baskey

Post by baskey » Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:30 pm

Hi,

HALifax needs min of 2.5 yrs left on the visa. Mine was 2 yrs and 5 months left and they refused to offer. Nationwide Bs said to me that they can only lend to PR ( even though tvt got it from them)

Finally i approached HSBC and they agreed and i really feel their service is excellent.

Regards,

Baskey

indian_in_uk

Post by indian_in_uk » Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:22 pm

Yeah, I have just spoken to HSBC and their service is good but the rate they are offering is not better than Halifax and Nationwide.

What offer did you get, if you dont mind telling ofcourse?
I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are; because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star.