ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ABOUT MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE IN INDIA

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

parth_ojas
Newly Registered

ABOUT MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE IN INDIA

Post by parth_ojas » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:06 pm

HI GUYS
I GOT MARRIED WITH EEA MEMBER IN JANUARY AND I APPLIED FOR EEA PERMIT. I GOT REJECTED STATING THAT YOUR MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE IS NOT GENUINE. IF SOMEONE CAN HELP WHO GOT MARRIED IN GUJARAT INDIA UNDER SPECIAL MARRIAGE ACT., WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE TO GET THE RIGHT CERTIFICATE, B.COZ WE TRIED TO FIND OUT IN ALL GOVERNMENT DEPARTMENTS BUT EVERYONE HAVE SAME ANSWER. IF YOU CAN HELP US AND SHOW ME PHOTOCOPY OF CERTIFICATE VIA EMAIL, WILL APPRECIATE THAT.
THANKS

andes6
Newly Registered

Post by andes6 » Wed May 26, 2010 1:55 pm

I dont know if it is too late for you but Just in case if you are reading this then get your marriage certificate authenticated by the ministry of External affairs based in Delhi.

Before you go to Delhi, please do get it certified by the local government (external affiars) office based in Gandhi Nagar. I took my marriage certificate to the local office in Chennai and then followed what i just told you.

That should be sufficient.

If you have difficulty in sorting these things out then perhaps you may seek help from professional agencies like "yourmaninindia" (Google it). Although, they will charge you around 6000-10000 Rs.

Anyhow, Good Luck.

parth_ojas
Newly Registered

about marriage certificate

Post by parth_ojas » Thu May 27, 2010 11:01 am

hi andes 6
i havent send documents yet to embassy but is it possible if you can send me scan copy of your marriage certificate on my email address which is- ojas_thaker1984@hotmail.com. b.coz the certificate i m having is not been accepted by embassy if you can send me ur email id i can send u a scan copy and if you dont mind checking it whether is it genuine or not.
secondly i have got it verified by general administrative department in gandhinagar by general secretary. they have assured me that they have a copy of their signature in all embassy so it shouldnt be a problem but still i m confused. plz reply me at ur earliest thanks buddy.

andes6
Newly Registered

Post by andes6 » Thu May 27, 2010 12:01 pm

Please remember that Indian documents have to be get an 'apostille' in one of the offices described below:

The authorities which are qualified to give an apostille are:

Ministry of External Affairs of the Government of India
Joint Secretary (Consular), MEA
CPV Division, Patiala House Annexe
Tilak Marg, New Delhi.
Tel.: +91 11 2338 8015
Fax.: +91 11 2338 8385
Email: jscons@mea.gov.in of dcpf@mea.gov.in

And with the following representatives of MEA in Kolkata, Chennai and Hyderabad:

Ministry of External Affairs
Branch Secretariat
2 Ballygunge Park Road
Kolkata - 700019
Tel: 033-22879701 / 22802686
Fax: 033-22879703
--------------

Branch Secretariat
7th Foor EVK Sampath Maligai
68 College Road
Chennai - 600006
Tel: 044-28272200 / 28251323
Fax:044-28251034
----------------

Branch Secretariat
B Block Room #311-312
Hyderabad - 500022
Tel: 040-23456051
Fax:040-23451244

Note that before you go to Delhi, you first need to take it to the regional authentication centre. Delhi won't stamp otherwise.

http://meaindia.nic.in/apostille.htm

UR contact in Gujrat is given on the above website.

AN external link for the example of a legalized document is given below

http://www.alibaba.com/product/in105819 ... ndore.html

good luck

good luck