ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Job for immigrant

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Darkhorse

Job for immigrant

Post by Darkhorse » Wed May 26, 2010 8:16 pm

has anybody experience difficulties looking for job in Ireland in IT area? I have secure a job in other country. I still would like to live in Ireland but also worry I won't be able to find job in case I lost mine.

nanette
Member of Standing

Re: Job for immigrant

Post by nanette » Wed May 26, 2010 8:51 pm

Darkhorse wrote:has anybody experience difficulties looking for job in Ireland in IT area? I have secure a job in other country. I still would like to live in Ireland but also worry I won't be able to find job in case I lost mine.

you irish Darkhorse ???

Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse » Thu May 27, 2010 9:16 am

nanette wrote:
Darkhorse wrote:has anybody experience difficulties looking for job in Ireland in IT area? I have secure a job in other country. I still would like to live in Ireland but also worry I won't be able to find job in case I lost mine.

you irish Darkhorse ???
I am Irish citizen naturalize.

victor8600

Post by victor8600 » Thu May 27, 2010 11:16 am

Darkhorse wrote:
nanette wrote:
you irish Darkhorse ???
For interviews look, young Darkhorse. Difficult is the path, prove your force you must. The fear of loss is a path to the Dark Side.
All your base are belong to us

chrisjohn123
Newly Registered

Post by chrisjohn123 » Thu May 27, 2010 11:35 am

Not disappointing you, but the job scenario is still bleak here.

But, if you are exceptionally skilled in any technical side of IT, you would not find it very hard. But if you are more on the managerial side (Project Manager roles for example), things remain tough. You will be up aganst an army of applicants with various levels of expertise.

good luck.

Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse » Thu May 27, 2010 2:19 pm

victor8600 wrote:
Darkhorse wrote:
nanette wrote:
you irish Darkhorse ???
For interviews look, young Darkhorse. Difficult is the path, prove your force you must. The fear of loss is a path to the Dark Side.
Well said, well said.
I did look around the recruitment agencies, seems plenty of jobs out there, they looks very busy indeed. I am a feeling it is just empty opportunity.

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Fri May 28, 2010 1:52 am

Darkhorse wrote:I did look around the recruitment agencies, seems plenty of jobs out there, they looks very busy indeed. I am a feeling it is just empty opportunity.
Agencies make up most of the jobs that appear on their own websites and job search sites. This is simply because agencies need a constant source of quality candidates so they make up very good jobs to entice good candidates in. It is very unfair on people who are already stressed out and whom had their confidence knocked out by not being in full employment. In instances like I mentioned, their behaviour was wrong during the "Celtic Tiger" but it is downright evil during a recession.

A couple things to remember. Firstly, you are not alone. Circa 12% of the working population are in your position, mostly, through no fault of their own. So dont lay blame on yourself. Secondly, do not fall into bad habits. The "ah, its a lovely day. I will hit the beer garden" or the "ah, its a p*ssy morning, I think I will have a few more hours kip" are dangerous and rather easy habits to fall into.

Ive never been on the scratcher myself, but I would make a few recommendations, if I may. Whilst, obviously, you are still applying for as many jobs as humanly possible. Take the time to pick up a new skill. Or a new hobby. Or a new language(even the basics). Or to finish that book you never got around to. Or to visit some nature sight and take them photographs you never got the time to before. Do a course. Join a sports team. Upskill. If your mot is working, cook her a new recipe when she returns home from work. Just keep as active as you can. Avoid beer, day time TV and all the other bad habits that entice.

If you keep plugging away, you will eventually get a new job when you least expect it.

In the words of Jose Mourinho, chin up. In the words of me own grandpa, rememember, there is always some poor boll*cks out there worse off than yourself. :D