ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pls advice...Needed info ASAP..Thanks in advance

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

JACKY123

Pls advice...Needed info ASAP..Thanks in advance

Post by JACKY123 » Mon May 24, 2010 9:33 pm

Hi there

One question, I am a Irish National and my daughter (10 years old) is Non EU national . We have to go to UK on a visit for 10 days .

Can we both go without applying for a VISA for my daughter because I need to go to UK next week. Will she get clearance in UK airport without VISA and EU Family permit ?

If I apply for EU Fam Permit in Dubiln tomorrow it might take atleast 10 -15 days, What is the best way/quickest way for this ?

Thanks

677ano

Re: Pls advice...Needed info ASAP..Thanks in advance

Post by 677ano » Tue May 25, 2010 5:58 pm

JACKY123 wrote:Hi there

One question, I am a Irish National and my daughter (10 years old) is Non EU national . We have to go to UK on a visit for 10 days .

Can we both go without applying for a VISA for my daughter because I need to go to UK next week. Will she get clearance in UK airport without VISA and EU Family permit ?

If I apply for EU Fam Permit in Dubiln tomorrow it might take atleast 10 -15 days, What is the best way/quickest way for this ?

Thanks
your daughter should be able to have an Irish passport
she could get EU family permit at the border as long as you have all the documents to prove she is your daughter
your daughter holding a non- EU passport might seem odd as her father is Irish
we can all change our stars

JACKY123

Post by JACKY123 » Thu May 27, 2010 4:31 pm

Thanks for your reply.

see my answers.

Yes, she should get. Her naturalization application is in progress at the moment.

she could get EU family permit at the border as long as you have all the documents to prove she is your daughter

What do you mean by border ? If I travel with all the docs required, will I be able to get a EU Permit at immigration desk in Airport ?

I recently received Irish Passport thru naturalization so now her application is in progress. Minors can get Irish passport only after parent is inititally approved.

Pls reply

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu May 27, 2010 4:51 pm

You can travel to UK without issue as UK/Eire has the CTA, Common Travel Agreement meaning that in reality, despite De Valera, Michael Collins et all, the UK and Ireland are too-entwined to be separate....

That's for u though, dunno about ur daughter, fancied a rant!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

677ano

Post by 677ano » Thu May 27, 2010 9:44 pm

JACKY123 wrote:Thanks for your reply.

see my answers.

Yes, she should get. Her naturalization application is in progress at the moment.

What do you mean by border ? If I travel with all the docs required, will I be able to get a EU Permit at immigration desk in Airport ?

I recently received Irish Passport thru naturalization so now her application is in progress. Minors can get Irish passport only after parent is inititally approved.

Pls reply
The link below may be of help to you please read the information particularly section 1.2

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
we can all change our stars