ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 1 VISA REFUSAL ----ENGLISH POINTS NOT AWARDED...

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Manish.workpermit.com
Newly Registered

TIER 1 VISA REFUSAL ----ENGLISH POINTS NOT AWARDED...

Post by Manish.workpermit.com » Thu May 27, 2010 9:43 am

Hi

I was refused for Tier 1 General, as the ECO awarded 0 points for English.
I have done Bachelor of Arts from Delhi Universiy and had submitted Original Degree.
My Subjects were Maths / Economics
In the appendix form I selected Maths/economics , where as in the UKBA points calculator I selected Science/Maths as there was no option for Maths/Economics and the nearest option was Science/Maths.

UKBA Points calculator awarded me 10 points automatically

Howevere ECO refused the application , ECO Comments
YOU HAVE CLAIMED 10 POINTS FOR ENGLISH , BUT THE DOCUMENTS THAT YOU HAVE SUBMITTED DO NOT DEMONSTRATE THAT YOU QAULIFY.

You have submitted a degree certificate from Univeristy of Delhi which states that you have awarded a Bachelor of Arts in 2004, You have stated on you application form that you have studied Maths/Economics. This course does not appear on the points based calculator and you have not provided a certificate or letter from UK Naric.

You are therefore not been awarded any points for English Language and I refuse your application under 245c(d)

I wish to file admin review please advise ASAP

Thanks in advance!

adityak77
Member of Standing

Re: TIER 1 VISA REFUSAL ----ENGLISH POINTS NOT AWARDED...

Post by adityak77 » Thu May 27, 2010 9:58 am

Manish.workpermit.com wrote:Hi

I was refused for Tier 1 General, as the ECO awarded 0 points for English.
I have done Bachelor of Arts from Delhi Universiy and had submitted Original Degree.
My Subjects were Maths / Economics
In the appendix form I selected Maths/economics , where as in the UKBA points calculator I selected Science/Maths as there was no option for Maths/Economics and the nearest option was Science/Maths.

UKBA Points calculator awarded me 10 points automatically

Howevere ECO refused the application , ECO Comments
YOU HAVE CLAIMED 10 POINTS FOR ENGLISH , BUT THE DOCUMENTS THAT YOU HAVE SUBMITTED DO NOT DEMONSTRATE THAT YOU QAULIFY.

You have submitted a degree certificate from Univeristy of Delhi which states that you have awarded a Bachelor of Arts in 2004, You have stated on you application form that you have studied Maths/Economics. This course does not appear on the points based calculator and you have not provided a certificate or letter from UK Naric.

You are therefore not been awarded any points for English Language and I refuse your application under 245c(d)

I wish to file admin review please advise ASAP

Thanks in advance!
This is very unfortunate, but why did you mention wrong subjects. You could have just selected Arts. Which i am sure that its there. Arts/Humanities.

bagula_bhagat
BANNED

Post by bagula_bhagat » Thu May 27, 2010 10:19 am

You still don't get any points for 'English Language' even if you had selected 'Arts'. PBS is sh**, it does not award points for english language requirement for a degree from DU.

Same issue with me. I am going to take an IELTS and claim points for english language.

bagula_bhagat
BANNED

Post by bagula_bhagat » Thu May 27, 2010 10:55 am

As per new rules and guidelines (after 6th April 2010), you can only claim for 'English Language Requirement' points if PBS awards you the point. If it does not then you cannot claim the points.

No letter from Uni or College will work as per the guidelines but yeah each caseworker is different. You never know one would allow your application to pass through.

I guess he got the points for his second qualification but you need to claim points for your Grad degree.

Manish.workpermit.com
Newly Registered

Post by Manish.workpermit.com » Thu May 27, 2010 11:25 am

Thanks a ton for ur reply!

If we select Science/maths in UKBA PBC selecting India >> Delhi >> Bachelors Degree >> Science/Maths >> 2004 >> UKBA is awarding 10 points

However I mentioned Maths/Economics in the appendix form as I did Bachelor of Arts in Maths/eco.

where as I selected the subjects Science/Maths from UKBA PBC as there was no subjects like Maths/economics!

Science/Maths was the nearest option and yes Maths was on of the subject taught to me in DU.

any luck! --- Can we submit the marksheets now (As I am aware of the fact we cannot submit additional docs in AR

Regards

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Thu May 27, 2010 11:40 am

bagula_bhagat wrote:As per new rules and guidelines (after 6th April 2010), you can only claim for 'English Language Requirement' points if PBS awards you the point. If it does not then you cannot claim the points.
What does this mean ???

Can you or Somebody else please elaborate this ??

First you claim for AGE

These are the following info. that PBS asks for when you try to get points for ur QUALIFICATIONS

1. Country of study
2. State
3. Qualification
4. Institution
5. Length of course
6 Subject
7. Grade (Optional)
8. Year of award
9. Points awarded

Then you fill in for EARNINGS

Then comes UK EXPERIENCE

5th comes English Skills

Now i select
" I have a qualification that was taught in English" and click 'Next' button.

Now PBS displays page for English Language with Points for English language as 10.

Is this what you mean ???? My assumption is that this is awarded based on the user's option selection in the previous page...... And you will have to submit proper VALID proof to justify it (like producing the degree certificate and a letter from respective PBS listed Institution / University).

Do you actually mean that
for some Institution / university, even thought if it is listed in PBS under QUALIFICATIONS section, PBS will not give you points for that Institution / University in "ENGLISH SKILLS" section.

Please clarify !!!!!!!!!!!!!

bagula_bhagat
BANNED

Post by bagula_bhagat » Thu May 27, 2010 12:04 pm

Do you actually mean that
for some Institution / university, even thought if it is listed in PBS under QUALIFICATIONS section, PBS will not give you points for that Institution / University in "ENGLISH SKILLS" section.

Please clarify !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Right this is what I mean.

I would invite other experts as well to comment on this.

adityak77
Member of Standing

Post by adityak77 » Thu May 27, 2010 12:43 pm

Manish.workpermit.com wrote:Thanks a ton for ur reply!

If we select Science/maths in UKBA PBC selecting India >> Delhi >> Bachelors Degree >> Science/Maths >> 2004 >> UKBA is awarding 10 points

However I mentioned Maths/Economics in the appendix form as I did Bachelor of Arts in Maths/eco.

where as I selected the subjects Science/Maths from UKBA PBC as there was no subjects like Maths/economics!

Science/Maths was the nearest option and yes Maths was on of the subject taught to me in DU.

any luck! --- Can we submit the marksheets now (As I am aware of the fact we cannot submit additional docs in AR

Regards
What do you mean by nearest option. The option you choose has to be the same mentioned in PBS Appendix1.
Even though maths being the common subject you mentioned.

Devanshi
Newly Registered

Post by Devanshi » Thu May 27, 2010 9:08 pm

Why did you write Math/Eco on Form?
Is your degree mentioning Math/ECO as special subjects?

This is very strange case of rejection I have never heard of such rejection before.

Devanshi
Newly Registered

Appeal

Post by Devanshi » Thu May 27, 2010 9:47 pm

I am very confident that you can go for administrative review.

Amit21
Newly Registered

points not awarded

Post by Amit21 » Fri May 28, 2010 9:43 am

Dear Seniors,

Please advise at the earliest -

My degree is Bachelor of Commerce Special Subjects Advanced Accounting and Auditing.

My university is recognized on PBS. However, subject advanced accounting and auditing are not in the list. In the form I wrote advanced accounting and auditing and PBS I selected Economics/Business/accounting/management/ finance. I should have selected commerce but did not select because degree was showing special subject as advanced accounting and auditing.

Should I submit a change in circumstances form?