ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re-enter UK 10 days before Visa Expires

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Lepecharou
Newly Registered

Re-enter UK 10 days before Visa Expires

Post by Lepecharou » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:41 am

Hi there,

Has anybody here heard if there's anyone who was denied to re-enter UK at the airport immigration just because the remaining 'leave to remain' in UK is only valid for a week or so?

The case is that, I'm here in London under Tier4 general student visa which will expire on 30th of April 2010. I have a travel plan to Germany from 13th-21st of April. As soon as I get back from this trip, I intend to apply for PSW visa.

I'm worried about the unpredictability of immigration issues here in UK and that it might be an issue for them at the airport that I just have 10 days remaining visa by then thus Im asking this question..

By the way, I also hold a student visa in Germany which will also expire on April 30 2010

thanks in advance for your replies :)

LPCR

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:07 pm

If I were you, I wouldn't take the risk.

By the way, how come you attending college in both countries at the same time ?
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

Lepecharou
Newly Registered

Post by Lepecharou » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:01 pm

Part of the course, I took 1 semester in Germany hence I still have visa there.

I still need to take care of some stuff back in Germany.

If I take the risk, on what grounds could they deny me entry? By then, I am still entitled for 10 days to stay in UK and I still have all my stuff here.

Thanks!

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:32 am

seems like you have a good enough reason there.

contact ukba and ask for their advice. ask for written proof so that u r not questioned unnecessarily at the airport when you come back from germany.

regards

Lepecharou
Newly Registered

Post by Lepecharou » Sat May 22, 2010 9:23 pm

I didn't travel. It was safer that way.

I just want to share the processing time of my PSW. I'm happy as it was pretty fast in spite of the bank holidays this month.

Application sent: April 27 2010
Acknowledgment dated April 28, 2010 received April 30, 2010
Approval Date, May 17, 2010
Received today May 22, 2010

Plus, my application wasn't so straight forward as my previous passport with my previous student visa was lost because of the pickpocket. It was all explained well in the covering letter.

So message is it's actually not that bad the UKBA processing time. I've expected 1.5 months waiting time.

Goodluck to all other applicants.

joxiri

Post by joxiri » Thu May 27, 2010 10:24 pm

@ poster this is a bit of a risky situation and i would advise you not to take that trip i was in a similar situation at university and i was advised not to by international office
because the immigration officer will requitre to see that you have a place at a university or college to study and also a certificate of student status (which in ur case will most likely have expired ) in order to be satisfied to give you entry
as much as you have a valid visa those requirements wil most likely not be met so he could deny you entry and he will very much bwe within the law