ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent's Name Query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmp_apr2010

Dependent's Name Query

Post by hsmp_apr2010 » Thu May 27, 2010 8:06 pm

Hi All,

I am planning to apply for my wife's dependent visa. She has here maiden name on her passport as it was prepared before our marriage. Hence in my Tier 1 G application I mentioned her maiden name.

In the marriage certificate her name is the same but her surname is my surname.

Will there be any problem because of this name mismatch between her passport and the marriage certificate?

Also what should I answer to the below mentioned question of VAF10 form?
1.3 Other names (including any other names you are known by and/or any other names that you have been known by)
Should I leave this blank or mention her full name after marriage?

Is explanation in covering letter sufficient to explain this or should this be backed with an affidavit?

Regards,

R

hsmp_apr2010

Post by hsmp_apr2010 » Fri May 28, 2010 10:12 am

Please can somebody answer my queries...

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: Dependent's Name Query

Post by mvent00 » Fri May 28, 2010 10:19 am

You should mention the present surname name in section 1.3 (as it is different from the identification document, i.e., passport). It would be no problem. Explaination in cover letter would be enough, but you can back it by an affidavit too, to be on the safe side.
hsmp_apr2010 wrote:Hi All,

I am planning to apply for my wife's dependent visa. She has here maiden name on her passport as it was prepared before our marriage. Hence in my Tier 1 G application I mentioned her maiden name.

In the marriage certificate her name is the same but her surname is my surname.

Will there be any problem because of this name mismatch between her passport and the marriage certificate?

Also what should I answer to the below mentioned question of VAF10 form?
1.3 Other names (including any other names you are known by and/or any other names that you have been known by)
Should I leave this blank or mention her full name after marriage?

Is explanation in covering letter sufficient to explain this or should this be backed with an affidavit?

Regards,

R

hsmp_apr2010

Post by hsmp_apr2010 » Fri May 28, 2010 4:09 pm

Thanks mvent00. I will take your points into consideration.

Please can anybody who were in similar situation share there experience as well.

Thanks,
R

onlyuk

Post by onlyuk » Fri May 28, 2010 4:18 pm

Mate i also have the same problem just see my query as well which i have asked two days ago. I was not able to find anyone's this type of success case so that's why i have decided to change my wife's passport as don't want to take risk. So if time allows you, may be you can also take the same step. Also are you planning to apply for your wife being in india only ?

hsmp_apr2010

Post by hsmp_apr2010 » Fri May 28, 2010 4:53 pm

onlyuk wrote:Mate i also have the same problem just see my query as well which i have asked two days ago. I was not able to find anyone's this type of success case so that's why i have decided to change my wife's passport as don't want to take risk. So if time allows you, may be you can also take the same step. Also are you planning to apply for your wife being in india only ?
Hi,
Yes I am planning to apply for my wife while being in India. Actually in my application form I have given her name as it appears on her passport(Maiden Name-name before marriage). So now if I change her passport and provide different name in her application form that would be conflicting as well.

In the past she got her dependent UK work permit visa without any problem. So I am hoping there should be no problem this time.

I am thinking of doing the following

My application form - Wife's Maiden name ( Already got my Tier 1 G)
Dependent's application form - Her maiden name again.
Dependent's application form(Question 1.3) - Name after marriage

I will explain this in the covering letter and back it up with an affidavit.

Cheers,
R

onlyuk

Post by onlyuk » Fri May 28, 2010 5:12 pm

Yeah mate..ur case is a bit different. your porblem is that you have married name in marriage certificate different from the passport. So i think you can just explain that in the cover letter and you'll be good. Also you can attach the affidavit if you want.
So mate you have got ur tier 1 and applying for wife as well without job offer or do u have a job offer. I mean you both are in india only right ? I have the exactly same scenario so may be we can talk. you can send me a private message here.