ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work Permit

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ammartahir
Newly Registered

Work Permit

Post by ammartahir » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:38 pm

Hi
I have finish my degree, but havent been award my degree from the university as its gonna take 4-6 weeks, but as i was working part time as IT consultant for a company and now they are willing to apply workpermit for me, but as home office required a letter from the university that i have finished my degree with my transcript,
Do any one know what type of format that letter should be in?

Please Help as i dont want them to give me any letter which is not gonna be of HOME OFFICE standard.

Regards,

Ammar Tahir

vin123
Member of Standing

Re: Work Permit

Post by vin123 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:08 pm

There is no such HO format.... you just get a letter from uni' student office addressed to "whomever it may concern" and body of the letter stating Mr ABC XYZ provisionally completed course-name and exams were undertaken in month-year awaiting for results in month-year.

Hope this helps
ammartahir wrote:Hi
but as home office required a letter from the university that i have finished my degree with my transcript,
Do any one know what type of format that letter should be in?

Please Help as i dont want them to give me any letter which is not gonna be of HOME OFFICE standard.

Regards,

Ammar Tahir

tvt

Post by tvt » Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:07 am

The format VIN123 provided will not assist you as it is not clear whether you passed the exams or not. Your university should made it clear in the letter that you are entitiled to the degree and completed all duties so that the only remaining issue is rather ceremonial.
-----------------------------------
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>

basis

Post by basis » Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:18 pm

Agree with tvt. One of my friend had to get a letter where the Uni had to write specifically the fact that the degree and all other duties have been sussessfully completed. Good luck.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:28 pm

And doesn't the job have to be advertised and it proved that no suitable UK or EU person can perform the role?

Will the OP still have a valid visa when all this procedure is finished?

Aren't uni final exams taken around may/june? Or have I wrongly assumed the OP is at a UK uni?

Something seems odd here to me.

Steve