ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Clarification needed Tier 4 student and dependant

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

benardmens
Newly Registered

Clarification needed Tier 4 student and dependant

Post by benardmens » Sat May 29, 2010 8:27 am

Hi All,

I've some time reading through the Tier 4 information on UKBA and I still haven't gotten the information I was hoping to get.

Basically I am an African post grad student studying under what I believe is Tier 4 (my visa says Visa Type is Visa Student OCT-2008) and my visa expires on 31/01/2011. The course I am on has an optional work placement that can be taken for up to a year which I took after finishing nine months of my one year course to gain some experience working in the UK. I am scheduled to go back in September 2010 to complete my dissertation period which is estimated to last to December 2010, at which point I would be awaiting the award board results which I understand come in mid February 2011.

My questions are
1) At which point would it be advisable to apply for a visa extension to await the results and what forms and maintenance funds requirements would I have to fulfil?

2) I would like my fiancee (who is also african) to join me later on this year, according to the UKBA website she just needs to show funds availability of £400 pounds for two months and I £600 for the same period. Is my understanding correct? What forms would I and her have to fill?

3) How long after the extension can I apply to switch to Post graduate worker?

Thanks

benardmens
Newly Registered

Re: Clarification needed Tier 4 student and dependant

Post by benardmens » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:53 am

Could somebody please help?

Thanks