ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Success...

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gretnadawn
United Kingdom

Spouse Visa Success...

Post by gretnadawn » Sat May 29, 2010 12:16 pm

Hi everyone, I have only posted on here a couple of times, but have been reading the forum for over a year now, and have this week been informed my Husband's Spouse visa has been issued, first time... :D
I am under the firm opinion, that it was WHOLLY due to the wonderful advice given to people on here, that we have had this success.
after 2 unsuccessful visit visa applications, I took many months reading on here, and got a very comprehensive file together for the Spouse Visa.
if it hadn't been for the advice on here,there are many things that I would have left out.
we had a genuine case, and could meet the requirements, (although there were a couple of things that could have caused concern for the ECO),
so being able to SHOW this was vital
as I say, I believe had I not prepared well by reading all the advice posted on here, and the totally INVALUABLE knowledge available here, the outcome would have been very different.....
so I would just like to say a HUGE thank you to everyone who posts on here, especially Battlykhan,and am now looking forward to my husband coming to live with me......good luck to everyone going through this process
THANK YOU... :D :D :D :D

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat May 29, 2010 12:24 pm

Congratulation on your success.

I am so happy for you and your hubby.Hope you enjoy life together.

Glad that mine and other peoples advice on this forum helped you.This is why we are here. Hope you will share your experience in the future :wink:

allovera
Newly Registered

Post by allovera » Mon May 31, 2010 6:51 am

Can I ask what kind of things you feel like you might have left out? I'm just wondering if those are some things I might also be leaving out.. eek!

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Mon May 31, 2010 8:47 am

Any advice you can give us? What did you leave out the first time. How much savings did you show?

gretnadawn
United Kingdom

Post by gretnadawn » Mon May 31, 2010 11:28 am

Hi guys
firstly, a brief background
I am female British Citizen, met my husband 2 years ago in Egypt
applied for visit visa (he as friend), got refused, basically because I had nooooooooo idea of immigration, and so supplied NO evidence/docs
applied again, but got refused,my b/a was slightly overdrawn, but I think main thing on visit visa is to PROVE applicant will return...and how can you do this ???
anyway, friendship turned into relationship,and after a year of me travelling there every 3 months, we decided to marry, and apply spouse visa
The previous visit visa refusals, although wouldn't stop the spouse visa, could have caused concern, and also the fact that my husband is MUCH younger than me
I put together a file (lever arch) with an index, and clear sections
covering index in each section, listing all docs submitted...the actual file is still with my husband in Egypt, but as far as I remember,this is what we submitted:
sponsor letter from myself, briefly outlining our relationship,and how we had decided to apply for him to live with me in UK,rather than me live in Egypt-showed that we had discussed the concerns eg age,culture differences etc

SECTION 1- relationship
application
my sponsor letter
certified copy of EVERY PAGE of my passport-not just the biometric & visa stamped pages,but even the blank pages
original Arabic civil marriage certificate
translated to english copy
certified copy of my decree absolute from previous marriage
certified copy of my birth certificate
my husbands' passport
certified copy of his army discharge,(although I have been told this not really necessary for spouse visa)
copy of his qualifications
letter from his employers detailing his work history
copies of screen shots of all saved msn / yahoo conversations between us
copies of my mobile 'phone bill - all text's to hubby highlighted
copies of 3rd party telephone co. bill showing calls made to hubby
a few actual msn / yahoo conversations
only 3 photo's of us together (printed on plain paper)
copies of all my flight bookings for travel to Egypt over prev 2 years

SECTION 2- accomodation
brief letter outlining my accomodation
land registry download
mortgage statement
a couple of utility bills-gas,electric,council tax
letter from my step father as he named on land reg & mortgage,stating he doesn't live here, and has no objection to my husband living here
letter from local council housing dept stating accomodation is fine for spouse to live here
a (rough) scale plan of the house
some photos of the rooms in the house

SECTION 3 - maintenance

my last 3 p60's-original
my last 12 months wage slips-original
letter from employer showing recent pay rise (as only shown on last payslip)
my last 6 months bank statements-originals-I had taken great care to ensure that I didn't go overdarwn in this period..!!!!
brief income / expenditure sheet, showing net amount being more than £104.25 per week AFTER all ESSENTIAL EXPENDITURE (motgage,council tax)
my last statement from any savings - I had about £500 in an instant savings account, & about £7000 in an ISA-(although this is what I INTEND to pay my morgage with,I didn't state this,& it is NOT assigned to the mortgage,so technically it is savings)
I also outlined briefly that although I don't have loads of money, I DID MEET THE MAINTENNCE REQUIREMENT
I also stated that although the intention was for hubby to work eventually (he is a chef in Egypt),I knew that this would not happen straight away, so I had enough money to support him for several months

the file was as I say in a lever arch,seperated by coloured dividers,and all docs in plastic wallets-ALL original docs also had copies for ECO to keep.

because some VACS DON'T accept this type of presentation, check with them or on here first-(Pakistan I think don't accept plastic wallets for instance)
I think that is everything.......lol
if anyone needs any more info, I will happily reply
Good luck to EVERYONE who is in the 'waiting' game
ps, I earn about £1400 net per month

amirtaheri
Newly Registered

Post by amirtaheri » Mon May 31, 2010 12:06 pm

Funny you mention the presentation of the application. I had originally thought to provide my application in a very swish ring binder, with dividers etc. But from what people have told me, this is relatively pointless as the VAC would remove all the documents, photocopy them and bung it all in a plastic wallet.

Thus rubbishing your wasted efforts! In the end, all I did was attach post it notes with headings to be used as dividers and placed everything in a paper folder. I then just put that folder into a parcel and sent it to my fiancee to submit at the VAC.

I thought it odd that they would rather applications were submitted in such a messy format, instead of something ordered and easy to flick through. my guess is that it has to be sent to a processing centre abroad and bulky applications in the form of ringbinders are frowned upon as taking up too much space!

gretnadawn
United Kingdom

Post by gretnadawn » Mon May 31, 2010 12:11 pm

Yes, It's really a question of where you are submitting i suppose.
after reading the pages and pages of the 'treasury tag' argument on the Visa from Pakistan topic,I decided to email the Vac in Cairo, to ask exactly what format did they accept
they assured me I could present my information in any way i liked, and my hubby had the whole lever arch file returned to him with his visa, so I can only assume they kept it as it was-like you, I would have thought it would be easier for the ECO if it was presented in an easy to read way, but I know that SOME Vacs don't like this, no idea why...lol