ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How is Job market for ERP: Oracle Applications (Technical)

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

smarty1277

How is Job market for ERP: Oracle Applications (Technical)

Post by smarty1277 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:00 pm

Hi,

I am having 8 years of IT Experience out of which 6.5 years in Oracle Applications, Oracle Database 9i/10g/11g and Siebel 8.0. Right now I am working for Oracle India.
Just wanted to know howz the job market for Oracle Applications in UK. I have TIER1 (G) visa and I am planning to move to UK in mid April.
Thanks in advance.

sivaprasad_ece

Post by sivaprasad_ece » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:58 pm

Hi Smarty,

I have got my visa today.
I am also in Oracle Applications with 3 years Experence.

when are u planning to Fly. Please keep me posted.

Regards,
Siva

smarty1277

Post by smarty1277 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:56 pm

Wow thats great buddy...
Lets plan something together then...
sivaprasad_ece wrote:Hi Smarty,

I have got my visa today.
I am also in Oracle Applications with 3 years Experence.

when are u planning to Fly. Please keep me posted.

Regards,
Siva
"When you rise up, your friends know who you are!!! When you fall down, you know who your friends are!!! "

aliq09
Member of Standing
Mood:
United States of America

Re: How is Job market for ERP: Oracle Applications (Technica

Post by aliq09 » Sat May 29, 2010 11:16 am

smarty1277 wrote:Hi,

I am having 8 years of IT Experience out of which 6.5 years in Oracle Applications, Oracle Database 9i/10g/11g and Siebel 8.0. Right now I am working for Oracle India.
Just wanted to know howz the job market for Oracle Applications in UK. I have TIER1 (G) visa and I am planning to move to UK in mid April.
Thanks in advance.

Hi ,

IT job market is dry these days and i am wondering why are you leaving Oracle India ???????????? such a good job! . My suggestion will be to post your CV from here and with such a good experience , you will get a click! .............
Thanks

Ali

smarty1277

Post by smarty1277 » Sun May 30, 2010 7:25 am

aliq09 wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Hi ,

IT job market is dry these days and i am wondering why are you leaving Oracle India ???????????? such a good job! . My suggestion will be to post your CV from here and with such a good experience , you will get a click! .............
Thanks Aliq09. I will be leaving for US very soon then will plan something for UK. Till the market will be much better than what it is now.
"When you rise up, your friends know who you are!!! When you fall down, you know who your friends are!!! "

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Mon May 31, 2010 10:43 am

Thanks in advance.
Smarty1277 - The salary you now get at Oracle with 8 years under your belt is far superior to what you can ever get in the UK. You need to be do a realistic study of the condition in the UK. Unless you plan to come out here and work only as a contractor, there is no permanent role that can pay you the amount you deserve.

I personally know few in Oracle and they earn in the region of Rs 15 to 22 lakhs with that experience. Given the terrible situation here, the amount you need to run around hunting and the bad state of the Euro and Pound, even a £50k salary is not worth the effort.

So be smart, calculate earnings vs savings from your current role and if you come here. Remember again, if you seek a perm role, dont expect more than £50k max and say £65k in London. If you contract, rates are £250 per day going upto £500 in London. But remember, noone contracts for 12 months in a row, its usually only 8 of 12 months due to contract changes and relocating all over the UK based on where you bag the next contract. Taxes are anywhere between 30% to 40% and you also pay NI on top of that which is mad.

Not worth it at the moment, fingers crossed it will slowly turn for the better

Cheers
KP