ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor query

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shabanaimrank

Visitor query

Post by shabanaimrank » Tue May 25, 2010 7:45 am

Hi Guys, Please help me with my query. I am on tier 1 general and wanted to sponsor my sister to visit me in the UK. I have few queries mentioned below:

1) My sister does not work nor does she studies and she is unmarried and owns a property - I have read in few blogs that applicant will have to show a valid reason for returning back........will it be possible for her to get visa? Any suggestions?

2) I have got around £2000 pounds available in my account and my sister can show up to 3 Lacs in her account. If i am sponsoring will this amount be OK? Do i need more funds to sponsor ?

Please help me with my queries

Many thanks,
Shabs

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue May 25, 2010 1:40 pm

1. Similar to visitors to the USA, she should show strong ties to her home country.

2. She needs sufficient funds for her period of stay.

See also
General visitors
Visitors (INF 2)
Sponsors (INF 3)
Visit & Transit (VAT)
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

shabanaimrank

Post by shabanaimrank » Sun May 30, 2010 10:54 am

Thank you for all this information.........i hv 1 more question does my sponsorship declaration letter needs to be notarized? also copy of passport?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun May 30, 2010 11:28 am

shabanaimrank wrote: does my sponsorship declaration letter needs to be notarized?
No.
shabanaimrank wrote:also copy of passport?
Check with local VAC/BHC.

regards