ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

get confused

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

khantiger
Newly Registered

get confused

Post by khantiger » Sun May 30, 2010 2:08 pm

hi my couson (girl) married with a man from pakistan three years before as she didnt agree to sign on the app of ilr for him she got extention of his spouce visa last year but in the middle she agreed to sign the ilr app and he got ilr on 28 april 2010 but now he left her on the basis that she is cheating on him and she was as he has proofs of that.
so actually im asking that is there any way to revoke his ilr as my couson is going to court for that but he has the proofs of all cheating that my couson comitted in last three years so how many chances to revoke his ilr

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Re: get confused

Post by kiwigirl25 » Sun May 30, 2010 2:30 pm

khantiger wrote:hi my couson (girl) married with a man from pakistan three years before as she didnt agree to sign on the app of ilr for him she got extention of his spouce visa last year but in the middle she agreed to sign the ilr app and he got ilr on 28 april 2010 but now he left her on the basis that she is cheating on him and she was as he has proofs of that.
so actually im asking that is there any way to revoke his ilr as my couson is going to court for that but he has the proofs of all cheating that my couson comitted in last three years so how many chances to revoke his ilr
No chance of being revoked on this basis. ILR is for life unless he, himself, breaks the conditions. Which are being absent from the UK for more than 2 years or committing some hedious crime - but it's a rare ocassion that the courts will order the removal of someone for a crime, they serve their time and are released back into UK society.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun May 30, 2010 3:13 pm

I would write to UKBA saying ILR was gained fraudently but the signee would be in bother too I reckon...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

khantiger
Newly Registered

Re: get confused

Post by khantiger » Sun May 30, 2010 4:07 pm

kiwigirl25 wrote:
khantiger wrote:hi my couson (girl) married with a man from pakistan three years before as she didnt agree to sign on the app of ilr for him she got extention of his spouce visa last year but in the middle she agreed to sign the ilr app and he got ilr on 28 april 2010 but now he left her on the basis that she is cheating on him and she was as he has proofs of that.
No chance of being revoked on this basis. ILR is for life unless he, himself, breaks the conditions. Which are being absent from the UK for more than 2 years or committing some hedious crime - but it's a rare ocassion that the courts will order the removal of someone for a crime, they serve their time and are released back into UK society.
thanks for reply but if she put a case against him will it effect his naturalisation in the future bcos she wants that he will never get british nationality so can she do that

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun May 30, 2010 5:24 pm

If the sponsor (OP's cousin) can prove in the court that she was coerced/forced into supporting the ILR application and that the marital relationship had broken down, then the court could take the view that ILR was obtained fraudulently and decide to revoke it. This said, I do agree with Wanderer that the sponsor may also be in for (some) trouble if she takes this route.

As for naturalisation, looks like the sponsor is not going to support the naturalisation application. Therefore, the person will be eligible to apply for naturalisation only after spending 5 years in the UK (instead of 3 years).

regards