ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

is it better to apply from home country???

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

amr-zoka
Newly Registered

is it better to apply from home country???

Post by amr-zoka » Sun May 30, 2010 3:34 pm

Hi just want some advice my husband applied for a flrm visa from england in which he is living now i am a british citizen and he is egyptian. The visa is taking over 18 weeks now and still the same story with HO just wait more time....... weve been talking and if he applies from egypt he can get a family settlement visa which i see is permenant from the day he lands back in uk, whereas the flrm is just a 2 year visa. As im 7 pregnant (unplanned, this is a bit scary now) im sure he would be able to apply for this visa other than just as husband living with his wife.........is it better to apply from his home country?? its somethign like £1500 more than flrm but permenant visa just think it makes mroe sense as im the only one who works and he isnt allowed which is really stressful and we need to sort this out can someone tell me what they think pls

thanks alot in advance

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun May 30, 2010 3:47 pm

AUIU family settlement is for Asylum Seekers and probably free for them.....

What visa is ur husband on right now?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

amr-zoka
Newly Registered

Post by amr-zoka » Sun May 30, 2010 3:52 pm

hi it says marriage visa in his passport, and says entry clearance on the top.

amr-zoka
Newly Registered

Post by amr-zoka » Sun May 30, 2010 3:54 pm

but my husband i dont think is classed as a asylum seeker as he came here to marry me and to settle in uk with me, what do you advise?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun May 30, 2010 3:56 pm

amr-zoka wrote:hi it says marriage visa in his passport, and says entry clearance on the top.
So he was on a fiance visa? Now you've married and applied for spouse visa?

If so just wait, no advantage in reapplying from his home country, in fact it would harder and slower.

I've no idea what the £1500 visa is I'm afraid..
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

amr-zoka
Newly Registered

Post by amr-zoka » Sun May 30, 2010 3:59 pm

we applied for flrm visa when i looked about applying in egypt 55 % applications are decided in 3 days he got his forst one in just 1 weeks in just stressful waiting moe and the home office havent been helpful at all, just keep saying you have to wait he hasnt done his biometrics yet i dont know if they are properly looking into it........im worried he will get it rejected coz its taken so long

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun May 30, 2010 9:12 pm

If he arrived on a fiance visa and you applied for FLR(M) after the wedding, you would have been unable to apply for this in Egypt. This will be a 2 year visa, not permanent residency. Under present regulations he's 2 years away from being able to apply for ILR and the fact that you're pregnant won't change this.
If you have been waiting for a decision for 18 weeks you may want to contact your local MP for help. This often gets results.