ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Married Before? Error on Naturalisation Form?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

FromThere2Here

Married Before? Error on Naturalisation Form?

Post by FromThere2Here » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:50 am

Has anyone else been puzzled by question 1.43 on page 5 of Form AN (New)? It says: "Dates(s), places(s) and reason(s) for ending of your previous marriages (if applicable)".

The problem: The question is identical to question 1.41.

I originally thought 1.43 was a misprint and was meant to ask about the dates, etc. that your spouse ended his/her previous marriage(s), since the question followed a question about your spouse's marriage.

Or perhaps 1.43 refers to additional marriages, for the person who has been divorced or widowed more than once. However, question 1.36 explicitly says to provide details on Page 14 if you have more than one previous marriage.

Any thoughts on this? Is there anyone out there reading these boards who filled in these questions and can shed some light?

maxima

Post by maxima » Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:17 pm

Hey buddy! I have got the same problem. Trying to figure out 1.41 - 1.43

I think you are right (i've got the same idea) that 1.43 it is actually must read:

"of your husband's or wife's previous marriage" instead of "your"....

I have got 4 marriages. I will really get screwed because of that :-S

The main problem is - I dont have certificates of marriage as they was exchanged with certificates of divorce (such a law in my previous country). So I have no idea of dates of 2 first marriages as I lost contact with my exes (too many of them :))

ppron747
inactive

Post by ppron747 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:28 pm

I think I understand it....

Assuming three previous marriages, and one current one:
  • 1.29-1.35 Relate to present marriage

1.36 Name of wife number three - but add "see page 14 for details of earlier spouses"

1.37-1.41 Relate to marriage number three

1.42 Wife number four's previous marriage (if any)

1.43 Just the dates, places and method of ending marriages one and two (no names, because you've put them on page 14)
Howzat?
|| paul R.I.P, January, 2007
Want a 2nd opinion? One will be along shortly....

FromThere2Here

Re: Married Before? Error on Naturalisation Form?

Post by FromThere2Here » Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:01 pm

I just returned from filing my application with NCS. Here's what they said:

1.43 refers to additional marriages, for the person who has been divorced or widowed more than once.