ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent visa application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

penny1012

Dependent visa application

Post by penny1012 » Sun May 16, 2010 11:27 am

hi all,

i am here on a student visa, i live here with my mum, sister and stepdad who is british, my mum and sister have been granted settlement recently and i wanted to apply for settlement on Form set f, but was advised not to do so by an immigration adviser, beacuse i am over 18 and i do not live abroad in the most exceptional and compassionate circumstances. I was told that my application will not succeed and as result i will lose my student status.

My main concern is that i have lived here for 6 years now, and i have no one to go to back home.

I will appreciate any advice from you.

Many thanks.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue May 18, 2010 12:22 pm

How old are you?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

penny1012

Post by penny1012 » Tue May 18, 2010 1:32 pm

Thank you so much for replying. I am 25 years old. Is this going to make a big difference if i make an application. i am so scared now after reading about all the family dependency visas refused on this forum, i dont't think i stand any chance.

Sunskykelilo
Newly Registered

Post by Sunskykelilo » Mon May 31, 2010 12:44 am

penny1012 wrote:Thank you so much for replying. I am 25 years old. Is this going to make a big difference if i make an application. i am so scared now after reading about all the family dependency visas refused on this forum, i dont't think i stand any chance.
Well I and a friend of mine have just sent off our applications for ILR (Set F) over 18 dependent relatives and not only was the application ridiculously expensive but the amount of work you have to put into trying to make a valid application is exhausting --- especially since there is a 99.9% chance that you are likely to be rejected if you are not over 65, terminally ill or disabled!!!!

My friend and I for our own personal reasons had no choice but to make this application but I am beginning to regret it as i know realise that I will probably be rejected and only stand a tiny chance in the court of appeals arguing about article 8 and family life. I've read it is very difficult for CoA to even agree that you have family life if you are over 18 in the UK.

If I were you I would try and make every effort to stay on your student visa and keep renewing it or apply for PSW if you can qualify or try and find a job and work. It will be easier and cheaper for you in the end!

Trust me this application is not only extremely difficult to make but it is also expensive and I have yet to read of any success stories!!