ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

khankhattak

spouse visa

Post by khankhattak » Mon May 31, 2010 11:21 am

my friend is applying for spouse visa from pakistan his wife recently start work and she is perment in her place of work her salary is about 180 pound weekly and she doesnt have any funds in her account as she is living in councel house and paying rent to councel my question is if a sponser is living in the council house and paying rent can it effect my friend spouce app in pakistan if a sponser is working full time but got no savings in banks and living in council house any idea
Last edited by khankhattak on Mon May 31, 2010 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
plz let me know if im saying anything incorrect

amirtaheri
Newly Registered

Post by amirtaheri » Mon May 31, 2010 11:54 am

Any chance you could explain your situation in clearer terms ie with correct spelling and punctuation?

I'm not trying to be a grammar Nazi or funny, but it helps in trying to understand what your are saying. I just read your post and was completely lost :S

khankhattak

Post by khankhattak » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:48 am

amirtaheri wrote:Any chance you could explain your situation in clearer terms ie with correct spelling and punctuation?

I'm not trying to be a grammar Nazi or funny, but it helps in trying to understand what your are saying. I just read your post and was completely lost :S
ok no matter my friend from pakistan married with british woman and he is applying for spouce visa to come here but his wife didnt work last two years regularly and she is living in council house but now she got job in a pharmacy on permenent basis and her weekly salary is about 180 pound as she stoped taking benifits and paying rent to council now so the question is can it affect my friend's app as she has no savings in bank any idea
plz let me know if im saying anything incorrect

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:35 am

With my punctuation interpretation and breaking into some paragraphs ...
khankhattak wrote: OK, no matter.

My friend from pakistan married with british woman and he is applying for spouce visa to come here, but his wife didnt work last two years regularly and she is living in council house.

But now she got job in a pharmacy on permenent basis and her weekly salary is about 180 pound as she stoped taking benifits and paying rent to council now.

So the question is can it affect my friend's app as she has no savings in bank? Any idea?

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:57 am

khankhattak wrote: ok no matter my friend from pakistan married with british woman and he is applying for spouce visa to come here but his wife didnt work last two years regularly and she is living in council house but now she got job in a pharmacy on permenent basis and her weekly salary is about 180 pound as she stoped taking benifits and paying rent to council now so the question is can it affect my friend's app as she has no savings in bank any idea
How much does she pay in rent?
I tell it like it is.

ajmal

Post by ajmal » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:03 am

khankhattak wrote:
amirtaheri wrote:Any chance you could explain your situation in clearer terms ie with correct spelling and punctuation?

ok no matter my friend from pakistan married with british woman and he is applying for spouce visa to come here but his wife didnt work last two years regularly and she is living in council house but now she got job in a pharmacy on permenent basis and her weekly salary is about 180 pound as she stoped taking benifits and paying rent to council now so the question is can it affect my friend's app as she has no savings in bank any idea

If she stops taking benefit thats fine but she needs atleast 3months payslips. Savings does not count. She needs to show that regular wages are coming in her account.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:21 pm

ElenaW has asked an important question. How much does she have left every week after she has paid rent and council tax? Remember there will be no 'single person' allowance on Council Tax once you join her, if she is currently claiming this. Does she have to make any credit repayments?

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:48 pm

ajmal wrote:
khankhattak wrote:

If she stops taking benefit thats fine but she needs atleast 3months payslips. Savings does not count. She needs to show that regular wages are coming in her account.
Aboslutely rubbish!!!
Savings do count as it would assure the ECO that sponsor has some thing to fall back on if needed in the near future along with the evidence of regular income.If sponsor's income is not sufficent then i asume that savings are considered to take care of the short fall! :wink:
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:05 pm

If she stops taking benefit thats fine but she needs atleast 3months payslips.
Why is it fine? It makes it less likely that the financial test will be passed. The friend needs all the money they can get. After all, they are earning just £180 per week.
John

amirtaheri
Newly Registered

Post by amirtaheri » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:13 pm

My understanding of the benefits system is that as long as they are benefits to which the sponsor is entitled to in his/her own right this is acceptable in terms of her income, however, the spouse should not or would not be able to claim benefits nor is the sponsor able to claim additional benefits on the basis that she is now married....I think.

jdhuphar

Post by jdhuphar » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:41 pm

amirtaheri wrote:My understanding of the benefits system is that as long as they are benefits to which the sponsor is entitled to in his/her own right this is acceptable in terms of her income, however, the spouse should not or would not be able to claim benefits nor is the sponsor able to claim additional benefits on the basis that she is now married....I think.
Thats not my understanding. If the sponsor is claiming benefits that means they are unable to look after themselves without recourse to public funds and accrodingly will be unable to support the applicant. therefore they would fail in realtion being able to financially support the applicant as required by the immigration rules.

this is my understanding but let me know if i'm wrong.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:28 pm

You are wrong! Or at the very least your comments are simplistic, about what is a complicated matter.

UKBA accept, and quite rightly, that the sponsor for say a spouse visa is totally able to claim whatever benefits their circumstances dictate there are entitled to. However in determining whether the financial test is passed, para 6C of the Immigration Rules prevents any potential increased benefit claim, if the visa is granted, from being taken into account.
John

jdhuphar

Post by jdhuphar » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:12 pm

John wrote:
UKBA accept, and quite rightly, that the sponsor for say a spouse visa is totally able to claim whatever benefits their circumstances dictate there are entitled to. However in determining whether the financial test is passed, para 6C of the Immigration Rules prevents any potential increased benefit claim, if the visa is granted, from being taken into account.
thanks for that useful information.
Application submitted - 13/04/10
Under process at BHC - New Delhi - 19/04/10
Medical Envelope inTransit - 25/06/10
Medical Envelope Collected on - 28/06/10
Visa App Under Process At BHC - 07/07/10
Visa received - 08/07/10

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:50 am

John wrote:
You are wrong! Or at the very least your comments are simplistic, about what is a complicated matter.

John- I read about this sometime ago. But now I am again a bit confused. for example, if a sponsor in UK is getting wages of 800 pounds a month, plus 100 pounds as working credit, and when the foreign partner arrives they will be eligible for 150 pounds. This will take their earnings to 950, a fifty pounds increase. So does this mean that only the earning of 900 can be claimed to be available to them or does it mean that the foreign applicant will fail due to the fact that their arrival in UK will increase the benefit entitlement of the sponsor in UK?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:56 am

mrlookforward wrote:
John wrote:

John- I read about this sometime ago. But now I am again a bit confused. for example, if a sponsor in UK is getting wages of 800 pounds a month, plus 100 pounds as working credit, and when the foreign partner arrives they will be eligible for 150 pounds. This will take their earnings to 950, a fifty pounds increase. So does this mean that only the earning of 900 can be claimed to be available to them or does it mean that the foreign applicant will fail due to the fact that their arrival in UK will increase the benefit entitlement of the sponsor in UK?
AUIU, the levels or Tax Credits are the same for a sinlge person as for a couple, only changing with the amount earned in total.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:02 am

Wanderer wrote:
mrlookforward wrote:
John wrote:

AUIU, the levels or Tax Credits are the same for a sinlge person as for a couple, only changing with the amount earned in total.
Thanks for the info. I just wanted to know the implications of 6c on an applicant, not necessarily just about working credit or any other benefit. I dont know much about benefits, but I am sure there are benefits which get you more money if you have a partner.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:32 am

mrlookforward wrote:John- I read about this sometime ago. But now I am again a bit confused. for example, if a sponsor in UK is getting wages of 800 pounds a month, plus 100 pounds as working credit, and when the foreign partner arrives they will be eligible for 150 pounds. This will take their earnings to 950, a fifty pounds increase. So does this mean that only the earning of 900 can be claimed to be available to them or does it mean that the foreign applicant will fail due to the fact that their arrival in UK will increase the benefit entitlement of the sponsor in UK?
The application will not fail just because of the possible increase in benefit if the visa is granted. But you are correct in thinking that, using your figures, they will only take £900 into account, and not the possible £950 that might arise if the visa is granted. That is exactly what para 6C is saying.
Wanderer wrote:AUIU, the levels or Tax Credits are the same for a sinlge person as for a couple, only changing with the amount earned in total.
That is not correct. What is correct is that if the family unit includes one or more children, the Tax Credits are the same for say "couple plus one child" and for "single parent plus one child" .... assuming the same income and working hours for each of those family units.

But no children in the family unit and an additional adult will potentially cause an increase in Tax Credits.
John

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:40 pm

Thanks John :)