ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How many days can i spend outside UK for ILR/prob Citizenshp

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nehagharge

How many days can i spend outside UK for ILR/prob Citizenshp

Post by nehagharge » Wed May 12, 2010 10:21 pm

Hi,

I am currently on HSMP and applied for Tier 1 (extension) on 04/05/2010 awaiting decision, my visa was valid from 05 May'2008 until 05 May'2010. My concern is I entered UK on 01/09/2008 due to some personal settlement issues bk home.

Recently I happened to visit india to meet my parents on a holiday which was paid. dates travelled 02-03-10 returned to UK 23-03-10. My first entry in the UK was more than 90 days after my visa was issued (nearly 120 days). Now how would the HO consider my continuous period of stay for 5 years, and how much time can i actually spend outside UK so that I do not have to apply for another extension.

Seniors request your views and suggestions!!!

Thnx

dimsav

Re: How many days can i spend outside UK for ILR/prob Citize

Post by dimsav » Wed May 12, 2010 10:41 pm

Your 5 years clock has started from your first entry into the UK as HSMP, i.e. on 1/9/2008.

You should not spend outside the UK more than 180 days in total, and none of your single absences must be more than 90 days.
(Business trips are excluded from this calculation but need to be properly justified by your employer.)

All this refers to the current rules - keep an eye on this forum for updates (...coming very soon).

gretnadawn
United Kingdom

Post by gretnadawn » Mon May 31, 2010 3:41 pm

hi
is this rule the same for a spose visa?
as it's only 2 years initially, how much time can be spent out of the UK in this period before it will affect ILR or whatever it may be by then!
Thanks, have looked, but can't see anything definate

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon May 31, 2010 4:41 pm

gretnadawn wrote:hi
is this rule the same for a spose visa?
as it's only 2 years initially, how much time can be spent out of the UK in this period before it will affect ILR or whatever it may be by then!
Thanks, have looked, but can't see anything definate
Does the SET(M) form asks for details of absences from UK?

For naturalisation (as spouse of British citizen), see Requirements for naturalisation if you are married to or the civil partner of a British citizen.

Please note that these requirements are as per current rules. Requirements under the earned citizenship laws may change (not known yet).

regards