ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I still use my ILR appointment if I hire an agent now?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

leafbbi
Newly Registered

Can I still use my ILR appointment if I hire an agent now?

Post by leafbbi » Mon May 31, 2010 4:13 pm

I have booked an appointment for mid of June when I will be qualified in 28 days. If now I hire an agent can I still use my own appointment? Didn't want to use agent but due to employer's requirement.

mrlookforward
BANNED

Re: Can I still use my ILR appointment if I hire an agent no

Post by mrlookforward » Mon May 31, 2010 5:14 pm

leafbbi wrote:I have booked an appointment for mid of June when I will be qualified in 28 days. If now I hire an agent can I still use my own appointment? Didn't want to use agent but due to employer's requirement.
best way to find out is ring agent who is authorised to make such applications and ask if he can go in on the appointment you have booked.

in any case, you are free to cancel your appointment and get it done through an agent.

leafbbi
Newly Registered

Post by leafbbi » Mon May 31, 2010 6:41 pm

Sorry I am a bit confused. If I used an agent, do I or the agent go to the ILR premium service interview? I thought I still need to go but the agent booked the interview. I have never used an agent before.

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Mon May 31, 2010 6:51 pm

right, I dont know how to explain.
actually UKBA website is very clear about this.

There are two ways of a peo application.
First one is, You book an appointment and go with your application. It doesnt make a difference if you aunty or brother books an appointment or an advisor books it online by entering your details.

Second, You apply through an immigration advisor/solicitor who has specific regsiteration with UKBA to do same day application. There booking system is different to general applicants. They have some slots allotted to them in advance.

You have an advisor, so you should basically ask him what to do. He does it for a living and should know the answer.

leafbbi
Newly Registered

Post by leafbbi » Mon May 31, 2010 10:12 pm

Thanks! Found this page which is very useful:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/conta ... n/sameday/

As you said I should arrange a meeting with the agent to find out how they are going to help me.