ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Anybody Overcome Issue of No Comprehensive Insurance?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ABC12345
Newly Registered

Anybody Overcome Issue of No Comprehensive Insurance?

Post by ABC12345 » Mon May 31, 2010 11:24 pm

Hi,

Reading through this forum, it's obvious the requirement for Comprehensive Medical Insurance is a major sticking point for a lot of people.

I am the EU spouse of an non EU spouse. My status has been either Employed or Self Sufficient (occasions amounting to a few months in total). During the periods of Self Sufficiency I did not have 'private' medical insurance, which seems to be demanded by the HO. My non EU spouse worked during the periods of personal self sufficiency. We were both (legally) present in the UK for several years prior to applying for EEA2 and have NHS cards (which state on them they are proof of entitlement to NHS treatment). The DWP also state that presence in the UK for at least one year is criteria for NHS entitlement. The UKBA on their website defines Comprehensive Insurance as that which is needed by those NOT entitled to NHS treatment, so the facts that a) we have NHS cards (and associated entitlements) b) were present in the UK for at least 1 years prior to applying should hold us in good stead, shouldn't it? However, the UKBA might argue that enitlement might actually mean meeting all the requirements for self sufficiency (which might possibly include a form of private insurance), irrespective of other circumstances (i.e. having NHS cover).

What I want to know is: has anybody been in the situation where they applied for PR when they didn't have private insurance during a period of self sufficiency and been successful in circumstances like ours or similiar? A successful PR applicant in here (Irra) was able to provide insurance while still self sufficient while missing it for earlier periods of self sufficiency, but her circumstance was slightly different.

Needless to say, most people in this forum are those who are applying or who have been rejected and not those who have suceeded as they would generally speaking not have a need to return here, but if anybody has been in this situation and succeeded, please respond?

Thanks in advance.