ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Application - Almost there :)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Q4sim

Spouse Visa Application - Almost there :)

Post by Q4sim » Mon May 31, 2010 9:02 am

Hey everyone,

Sorry for posting yet another thread but I think my post in the main thread has accidentally gone unnoticed due to the volume of posts.

As some of you are aware, my wife is soon going to apply for a spouse Visa from Pakistan and inshallah I will send her all of the supporting documents within 2 weeks time.

I just have a few things which I need to clarify:-

1) As the sponsor, what is an acceptable amount of savings. In other words, what is the minimum that is recommended? I havent seen it state a figure anywhere but i'm hoping I can get an answer based on everybodys experience

I will ask each question in this thread one at a time.

Thanks again for your help everyone :)

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Re: Spouse Visa Application - Almost there :)

Post by navalaviator » Mon May 31, 2010 10:49 am

Q4sim wrote:Hey everyone,

Sorry for posting yet another thread but I think my post in the main thread has accidentally gone unnoticed due to the volume of posts.

As some of you are aware, my wife is soon going to apply for a spouse Visa from Pakistan and inshallah I will send her all of the supporting documents within 2 weeks time.

I just have a few things which I need to clarify:-

1) As the sponsor, what is an acceptable amount of savings. In other words, what is the minimum that is recommended? I havent seen it state a figure anywhere but i'm hoping I can get an answer based on everybodys experience

I will ask each question in this thread one at a time.

Thanks again for your help everyone :)

Well there is no specific or minimum recommended amount for a sponsor to show to pass the financial test but any thing between 2500-3000 pounds would satisfy the ECO that you have some thing to fall back on :wink:
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

Q4sim

Re: Spouse Visa Application - Almost there :)

Post by Q4sim » Mon May 31, 2010 10:54 am

Thanks Navalaviator..

When I apply I will have £2000 in my savings account and about £600 in my current account. £400 of the money in my current account will go on bills later on in the month however.

I know you stated 2500-3000 as a guideline but do you think I should be ok based on past experiences?

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Mon May 31, 2010 11:11 am

Do you have a job?
I tell it like it is.

amirtaheri
Newly Registered

Post by amirtaheri » Mon May 31, 2010 11:12 am

When my fiancee applied for her fiancee visa, I had no savings but could prove a regular income in the form of payslips and that proved sufficient for the ECO in my case. That said, I am now a regular saver and am saving a healthy chunk of my income each month.

My question, like the above is, why don't you use payslips rather than just savings for your application?

Best of luck with your application though.

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Mon May 31, 2010 11:19 am

@ ElenaW - Yes I did have a full time job and have been employed here for 2 1/2 years. I have a letter from my employer proving this as well as a P60 and the last 6 pay slips.

@ amirtaheri - Thats quite reassuring thanks for that. I am also attaching my payslips and my bank statements. Thank you for your best wishes :)

I did not get paid for the previous month as I took unpaid leave to get married (This was explained in the letter from my employer)

The month before was Paid leave although the accounts department messed up and didnt pay me (They later rectified this with a cheque and a letter explaining this)

I'm hoping this doesnt complicate the situation as i've tried to get everything explained.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Mon May 31, 2010 11:31 am

Ok if you have a regular income coming in and some savings then your application will most likely be approved on maintenance grounds.

The previous incidents should be fine too since you have a letter explaining everything.

Good luck
I tell it like it is.

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Mon May 31, 2010 4:18 pm

Thanks ElenaW, thats put my mind at ease a little :)..Thanks for the luck, I am trying my best to get a solid case together in order to avoid it going to appeal. Help from people like you on this forum really make this a possibility.

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Mon May 31, 2010 6:33 pm

Ok next question...

Is a housing inspection report essential?

I have a letter from my dad detailing the measurements of each room in the house and have taken photos.
We live in a 5 bedroom house and the only other person living in it other then me and my parents is my brother.
This clearly leaves 2 bedrooms unoccupied.

However will the ECO see it that way?

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:18 am

Just a letter from you dad that he owns the house with 5 bedrooms, and that x number of people live in the house is sufficient. There is no need to provide the measurement of the rooms or pictures. No need for inspection report too but it wont harm if you do provide it. Measurement and photos are deffo pointless. Just try to keep your application precise and perfect.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:43 am

I have a letter from my dad detailing the measurements of each room in the house and have taken photos
Well the guideline for the ECO'S on the UK visas site clearly states that any such housing survey report must be carried out by a qualified body which is independent of the applicant and the sponsor so i assume that it is not a good idea to provide anything which could lead to an unwanted result as the ECO could be suspicious of the facts written in such letter or report regarding the house inspection.
I am bit worried that if the ECO holds this survey report against the applicant or sponsor and refuse it for doing it himself instead of getting it done by a qualified body and today I read on the UK visas site that “only a professional body which is independent of the applicant and sponsor can prepare the reportâ€

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:44 pm

This is only relevant in multiple occupancy accomodations.

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:24 pm

"This is only relevant in multiple occupancy accomodations"

Multiple occupancy accomodations such as mine?, as I live with my brother and parents

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:44 pm

No. I kinda not in a mood to provide the whole argument, but in your case you dont need it. But if you are in any doubt, go to your local council, they will charge you a fees and visit your house and provide you with a certificate that would mention apart from other things that your house is fit for x number of people. :)

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:54 pm

mrlookforward wrote:This is only relevant in multiple occupancy accomodations.
Well i wanted to make a point(the point highlighted in red) that if housing inspection report has to be included in an application then it must be carried out by a qualified body independent of the applicant and sponsor instead of doing it ourselves!!! as the ECO would most likely to accept the one which will have been carried out by a third party and on the contrary the one which is done by sponsor is less likely to make any impact and could raise possible concerns and doubts over its authenticity regardless of the residential housing or the accommodations in the multiple occupancy.

ECO will not give a second chance and will not ask for an independent report but will refuse straight away without any second thoughts!!!

Well this is what i assume and head is spinning with this puzzle and if some one more experienced could clear it up would be real help :D

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:48 pm

I see your point Navalaviator...its racking my brain!
Mrlookforward thanks for your opinion and the info.

I will let you guys know what I decide soon, lets hope somebody will be able to shed more light on navaliators concerns above.

Wether I include it or not however, do you guys think photos are essential? I'm starting to think I should not include it based on Mrlookforwards previous post in this thread about keeping the application precise and perfect.

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:15 pm

Sending photos is just a useless exercise. What does it prove? It can only prove what the colour of the walls is. Whats the proof that they are the photos of your property and not somewhere else? This is just a silly idea which has no value according to guidlines issued to ECOs. Other members are welcome to provide their input. I am not going to make any further comments on this issue.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:42 am

mrlookforward wrote:Sending photos is just a useless exercise. What does it prove? It can only prove what the colour of the walls is. Whats the proof that they are the photos of your property and not somewhere else? This is just a silly idea which has no value according to guidlines issued to ECOs. Other members are welcome to provide their input. I am not going to make any further comments on this issue.
It can only prove what the colour of the walls is.
:lol:

Yousafa

Post by Yousafa » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:59 am

When my cousin applied for his wife he got an official accomodation report from the council and I did the same for my application too.

Both of our circumstances are different, he lives with his parents while I rent a flat.

I got a nicely worded letter from the inspector which states the measurements of the room and the accomodation being fit for another person to live in. I'm making an assumption here but maybe having a letter from an official body add's some weight to your application.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:13 am

The Housing Report that you guys are talking about is NOT AN ESSENTIAL requirement of ones application but is desirable in certain circumstances. These are where the sponsor is living with his parents and other number of siblings and there is a possibility of overcrowding according to the legislation.

It is desirable to get one of these if there is a possibility of above, preferably done by an independant person. The best one is the local housing authority of your local Council.

However not all Councils do these, then you have to get it from somewhere else. Estate agents can do them, even some solicitors do them.

However I have known a number of peopel who have submitted their own. In such reports you basically outline the number, relationship and age of all residents. You then measure each room and work out whether there is overcrowding. It is desirable to take photo of the house from inside and outside to show its condition.Theese are then attached to your report.

This is sometime sufficient for the ECO to decide whether the property is habitable and whether it would be sufficient or overcrowded.

However where a couple just intend to reside in their own small house/flat then there is no need to have such reports done as there is possibility of overcrowding.

Sending ones photos of the house is not enough. It need to be accompanied by a report giving above info.

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:49 pm

Yes, this report could be desirable when its shared by more than one family unit, or if its a shared rented property, eg someone rents part of a house ie two bedroom or something.

In OPs case, its his dad who owns it and there are two of his sons that live there. The house is 5 bedrooms. I dont see any need for any kind of report in this particular case. His dad simply writes that he owns this 5 bedroom house, and he lives there with his 2 sons. :roll:

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:26 pm

@Mrlookforward - Your right that the phots could be of anybodys house so wouldnt add anything to the application.
If accompanied by a letter or inspection report, then I think it will do the application no harm.

@Batleykhan - You stated that it is not an essential document but desirable in certain circumstances. Seeing that it is not ESSENTIAL, can they really refuse a visa based on lack of this evidence? Especially in my circumstances where I have a letter written by my father. I can also get a letter written from a social worker confriming this and a valuation report on our house that shows the current value of the property.

From the evidence this only applies to multiple occupancy accomodations. Is this relevant in my situation as all the occupants are from the same family?

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:38 pm

If you have an inspection report, then the photos could add value, if on the inspection certifcate it mentions that the person who carried out inspection was blind. He couldnt see anything, he just issued the certificate. :lol:

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:01 pm

@Mrlookforward - Your right that the phots could be of anybodys house so wouldnt add anything to the application.
If accompanied by a letter or inspection report, then I think it will do the application no harm.
Thats not exactly truth. You can now easily check whether the photos that you have took are yours and not some millionaires mansion. Go to Googlemaps and type your postcode and look in the street search and you will see a photo of your own house. The ECO uses thisto sometime check up. Take it from me.

How many people are there is nyour hosue and how many bedrooms. I mean if there is you abd your parents and 2 brothers in a 5 bedroom house, then there is no need for a report. But if its a 2/3 bedroomhouse then you will need one.

Remember the ECO is interested in whether it will be overcrowded not what condition it is in or how much its worth. :roll:

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:14 pm

Can the eco establish whether a house is overcrowded or not by looking at the google maps?

I think the discussions here go miles away from the actual topic.