ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat May 29, 2010 6:02 pm

jamesmad wrote:Hi,
I have a few questions about the spouse settlement application form:

If the sponsor is normally living in the UK, but he is in Pakistan for few weeks at the time of submission, what should be written in 8.2.8 (part eight ) of the application form?

It is my understanding that the sponsor must provide citizenship date (not passport issue date) in 8.2.9 and 8.2.11 if he has been naturalized as british citizen (not citizen by birth). Is that correct?

Thanks,
What is your status in the UK?. were you born there, or did you go there when you were young or have you gone there because of some work permit or as a student?

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Sun May 30, 2010 10:23 am

Hey everyone,

I'll try not to ask any more obvious questions but here goes :).

For everyone that has recently had success with a settement visa, how much savings did you as the sponsor have?

How did you show how your wife will fund her trip to the UK? My wife has money left over from the wedding and will be putting it into her bank account very soon. Will they accept this as a valid source of money?
What are your experiences?

Thanks again in advance...I havent got that long to go before my wife submits the papers :)

newbie123
Newly Registered

Post by newbie123 » Sun May 30, 2010 1:19 pm

what documents are needed for strong case

sheikhfahad
Newly Registered

Post by sheikhfahad » Sun May 30, 2010 1:44 pm

Dear All

I applied for my wife's visa in decemeber it got rejected because of phonecards and then in January i sent documents to croydon for them to reconsider their original decision.

Last week I got all the documents back from the UKHUB however it did not say anything if my wife is granted a visa or not.

Could someone please tell me if they have granted the visa or sent this case to AIT?

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Sun May 30, 2010 9:26 pm

newbie123 wrote:what documents are needed for strong case
Last post on the page by batleykhan

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... start=4320
There is no ease except that which You make easy, and You make sadness, if You wish, easy

sherifuk
Newly Registered

Post by sherifuk » Mon May 31, 2010 1:31 pm

thanks guys for your continued support and advice

Alhamdulilah my wife collected her passport today with visa stamped on it.

SO MY APPLICATION AS FOLLOW

submitted : 250310 status application submitted to islamabad oc
status changed : 12 may 2010 application under process with bhc
recieved call from uk bordor for verification of employement 18 may 2010
visa stamped on 18 may 2010
passport collection : 31 may 2010

i pray for all those who are waiting that they get positive news soon

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Mon May 31, 2010 2:25 pm

Alhamdulillah, that is excellent! Happy for you :D
There is no ease except that which You make easy, and You make sadness, if You wish, easy

fais79

Still Waiting

Post by fais79 » Mon May 31, 2010 5:59 pm

Still Waiting :(

Submitted: Mon 20/04/10 Status changed to OC
Sat 12/05/10: Status changed to Under process at BHC

z4ydi

Post by z4ydi » Mon May 31, 2010 9:00 pm

Kaidee - observing the past few successes it seems everyone had their visa stamped in about a week after their status changed to Application under process..... I think me and you should get a good news this week, do you feel the same? Though it will be only 3-4 weeks since submission.

NAZIA786
Newly Registered

MIRPUR SPUSE VISA!!

Post by NAZIA786 » Mon May 31, 2010 9:19 pm

Asalaam o Alequm all,

Im totally new here...i;m just wondering has anyone submitted their partners visa application round about april time..I recently submitted my husbands visa on the 16/04/10... havent heard anything yet... how long does it take?

Can anyone please explain...how long and the procedure..? I mean the status had changed a couple of weeks ago to ..visa application under process at BHC..WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? :?:

Is200
Newly Registered

Post by Is200 » Mon May 31, 2010 10:10 pm

Submitted my partners application on 31st march 2010 at visa centre Lahore. Status changed to visa application under process at BHC on the 12th may 2010.

So you can work out from this roughly how long it takes as I'm still waiting! It also depends if they need to carry out further checks. Hope this helps

NAZIA786
Newly Registered

SPOUSE VISA APPLICATION!

Post by NAZIA786 » Mon May 31, 2010 10:25 pm

Jzkallah..

Initially my husband was told 15 days..well obviously..it takes longer...
however...I do hope you hear very soon..inshallah..as you've applied in march.. so Inshallah I will make dua for u..infact everyone n everyone awaiting... that may the allah the visa result be in our favour and inshallah may our partners be with us very soon...so we all can lead a happy life...full love and Happiness...

...May allah accept our prayers and fulfill our wishes desires inshallah..
Hope we all hear very soon.

deemi

Post by deemi » Mon May 31, 2010 10:32 pm

Salaam guys

for all those waiting 8 - 10 weeks seems to be average about now. But it can take up to 12 weeks.

And sherif - congratulations bro!! Inshallah ur wife will be here soon!!!

Wasalaam
Done waiting!!!!

fais79

Post by fais79 » Mon May 31, 2010 11:18 pm

My wife submitted her application on 20April at Gerry's in Lahore. First day her status changed to: Forwarded to Islamabad OC followed by changing to: Visa App under process at BHC on 12th May... It looks like many ppl who submitted there cases in March/April had there status changed to: Visa App under process at BHC on 12th May.. Therefore, I could only think that the applications from March/April went to BHC together in a bulk..

Now inshallah just waiting to hear from them soon..

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Mon May 31, 2010 11:30 pm

z4ydi wrote:Kaidee - observing the past few successes it seems everyone had their visa stamped in about a week after their status changed to Application under process..... I think me and you should get a good news this week, do you feel the same? Though it will be only 3-4 weeks since submission.
It does seem so, yes, and I pray at least 5 times a day that it is so :P However the pessimist in me says that there is always the chance of getting a quick reply with no visa :x for whatever wisdom Allah may see best. Ultimately, we are all at the mercy of our Lord.

There does seem to be a definite lapse for applications submitted in March and April. Probably something to do with the volcanic ash, IT upgrades and so on. Also there have been a few official holidays, like today's Bank Holiday which just add to the delay.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:23 am

@sherifuk

Congratulations on your success :D
So the waiting time is somewhere between 8 and 12 weeks in this summer and i assume that it is still pretty good 8) as compared to the worst situation last year!! :evil:
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

alibokhari

Re: MIRPUR SPUSE VISA!!

Post by alibokhari » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:07 am

NAZIA786 wrote:Asalaam o Alequm all,

Im totally new here...i;m just wondering has anyone submitted their partners visa application round about april time..I recently submitted my husbands visa on the 16/04/10... havent heard anything yet... how long does it take?

Can anyone please explain...how long and the procedure..? I mean the status had changed a couple of weeks ago to ..visa application under process at BHC..WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? :?:

my wife submitted her application on the same date but at Lahore office and we are still waiting - I am not sure how the applications are processed i.e. in which order - but either way praying that INSHALLAH it will be all over in good way for all of us - MAY ALLAH HELP US ALL AND GIVE PATIENCE AMEEN

newbie123
Newly Registered

how much income proof needed

Post by newbie123 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:20 am

hi all

i just wanted to know what will have the income balance in bank account

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Re: how much income proof needed

Post by navalaviator » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:43 pm

newbie123 wrote:hi all

:roll:

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:18 pm

^^^ Your next post is your 100th so be careful and use it wisely! :P

I presume what was being asked is 'What is a decent amount to have in your bank account to reflect your income?' or something like that :D

liverpool786786
Newly Registered

Time Scale

Post by liverpool786786 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:13 pm

has anyone submited a spouse visa in mirpur pakistan and do you know what sort of time scale it is in getting results on the apllician process.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:31 pm

kaidee wrote:^^^ Your next post is your 100th so be careful and use it wisely! :P

I presume what was being asked is 'What is a decent amount to have in your bank account to reflect your income?' or something like that :D
Your next post is your 100th so be careful and use it wisely!
Thanks for reminding me that but am not so delighted though with a bit of your advice which you mentioned in your post,and to me it is a sort of warning or merely not more then a sarcastic remark!!! :?

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Re: how much income proof needed

Post by navalaviator » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:00 pm

newbie123 wrote:hi all

Well there is no specific or minimum recommended amount for a sponsor to show to pass the financial test but any thing between 2500-3000 pounds would satisfy the ECO that you have some thing to fall back on :wink:
sorry for boggle eyes for your initial post :lol:

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:24 pm

navalaviator wrote:
kaidee wrote:^^^ Your next post is your 100th so be careful and use it wisely! :P

Your next post is your 100th so be careful and use it wisely!
Thanks for reminding me that but am not so delighted though with a bit of your advice which you mentioned in your post,and to me it is a sort of warning or merely not more then a sarcastic remark!!! :?
No warning or anything of that sort yaar, just a humorous comment with zero intent to harm or ridicule!

100th post is like a mini landmark so I highlighted it, tongue in cheek style :oops:

kaidee

Re: Time Scale

Post by kaidee » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:48 pm

liverpool786786 wrote:has anyone submited a spouse visa in mirpur pakistan and do you know what sort of time scale it is in getting results on the apllician process.
I submitted at Mirpur, still waiting. Timescales seem to have lost relevancy recently.