ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Planning to move to uk in august as a software engineer

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

avinashnraj
Newly Registered

Planning to move to uk in august as a software engineer

Post by avinashnraj » Sat May 29, 2010 8:15 am

I am planning to move to UK in august 2010,
I have nearly 6 years of experience in development of embedded systems for telecom domain, my experitise is mainly in C/C++. I have been going through the forum for some days, I could see that the market is down and slowly picking up. I am not sure how good is the requirement for my domain knowledge. could any one help me out? I am worried about spending for tier 1 visa for me and my family with out having much opportunities for my field. I have registered in most of the websites like (reed, jobsite cwjobs etc) and I can see that still some job opening been posted daily (2 or 3) which matches my profile.
I need some personal opinion on this. Kindly help me on this.

IMHO4u
BANNED

Post by IMHO4u » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:18 pm

JOB Market in one word is – BAD. Simple and honest atleast if you in IT. (no matter what you are doing ... Exceptions are very niche domains, but again, with niche domains comes the baggage of very few opening or none at all .. ) For example look at this forum – all the people trying to move here are somehow related to IT and situation is the same within UK.

Too much supply, in a already dead market.

Contracts are not easy and very short. (and you face downward bidding as more people can work for less). Permanent positions of 30-40K is no use to someone making more than 12 lakhs in India ... Most jobs you see on sites are FAKES, posted by recruitment firms (as this is part of their job) .. trust only jobs posted directly by companies and not agencies.

Read the forum and see the pattern ... Experienced Indian IT processional with Visa stamped in India ... trying to move in coming months. (Same boat for all, trying to win the same non-existent trophy .. God bless)

kenfrapin

Re: Planning to move to uk in august as a software engineer

Post by kenfrapin » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:14 pm

avinashnraj wrote:I am planning to move to UK in august 2010,
I have nearly 6 years of experience in development of embedded systems for telecom domain, my experitise is mainly in C/C++. I have been going through the forum for some days, I could see that the market is down and slowly picking up. I am not sure how good is the requirement for my domain knowledge. could any one help me out? I am worried about spending for tier 1 visa for me and my family with out having much opportunities for my field. I have registered in most of the websites like (reed, jobsite cwjobs etc) and I can see that still some job opening been posted daily (2 or 3) which matches my profile.
I need some personal opinion on this. Kindly help me on this.
Go through the posts in proper detail. Your question has been asked and answered so many times over that most of us can type it out in our sleep. Dont become member and just post a question, use the search or just scroll down in this section and read all the posts.

And to give you just a little help, IT Telecom pays crap for development roles so dont bother even if there are openings here.

KP

gd_Shepherd

Post by gd_Shepherd » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:06 pm

We can sum it as somebody pointed out, in the words of the Architect
Hope — it is the quintessential human delusion, simultaneously the source of your greatest strength and your greatest weakness
Shepherd

geeteshanand

Re: Planning to move to uk in august as a software engineer

Post by geeteshanand » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:50 am

I really dont seem to understand why people with coding experience in India want to move to the UK. Unless you are a smart business analyst who has experience with system implementation and designing efficient work processes in a investment bank or financial institution...remember the UK is a financial hub not an IT hub like the US. So if your are IT, please get perspective and think US NOT UK!!