ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WHM to Unmarried Partner

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shinyhorn
Newly Registered

WHM to Unmarried Partner

Post by shinyhorn » Fri May 21, 2010 9:25 am

I'm currently in the UK on a Working Holiday Visa and would like to move onto the Unmarried Partner Visa.

My partner is British, and we satisfy all the requirements.

My question is: Can I apply for the UPV from within the UK, whilst still on the WHM? I'm geting conflicting answers.

Many thanks for any help! :)

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: WHM to Unmarried Partner

Post by Wanderer » Fri May 21, 2010 9:58 am

shinyhorn wrote:I'm currently in the UK on a Working Holiday Visa and would like to move onto the Unmarried Partner Visa.

My question is: Can I apply for the UPV from within the UK, whilst still on the WHM? I'm geting conflicting answers.

I think you can now, but use the search function, as there was a time in the recent past when you couldn't, due to no-switching rule from Leave to Enter (as you have) and Leave to Remain.

EDIT: Read this, seems you can't switch...

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=35233
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

BMUK
Newly Registered

Post by BMUK » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:31 pm

Wanderer wrote:
shinyhorn wrote:I'm currently in the UK on a Working Holiday Visa and would like to move onto the Unmarried Partner Visa.

I think you can now, but use the search function, as there was a time in the recent past when you couldn't, due to no-switching rule from Leave to Enter (as you have) and Leave to Remain.

EDIT: Read this, seems you can't switch...

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=35233
I think in the link it's Aussie - Aussie, whereas this case will be UK - other.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/partn ... s/#header2
That's the info link. Not black and white, but you may be able to apply in country.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:18 am

BMUK wrote:I think in the link it's Aussie - Aussie, whereas this case will be UK - other.
No it's not - the link is UK WHM and plainly says you cannot switch from WHM to UPV, then, maybe you can now, I dunno....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....