ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of Employment query

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sunny_singh
Newly Registered

Change of Employment query

Post by sunny_singh » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:34 pm

Hi All,

I'm not happy with my current job and looking for new opportunities. I have the following queries

1) If I switch companies and receive an offer letter from new employer, does my employer need to apply work permit right away or we can inform home office, switch jobs and then apply? - I had a discussion with a friend, whose sister works for Home Office and she mentioned, I just need to inform home office and apply for work permit within 6 months.

2) Do I need to have minimum funds or they're happy with company's bank statements?

3) Would it be a fresh application (as in showing all the documents again, or just basic offer letter, proof of advertisement, etc)?

Help would be much appreciated.

Much love,
Sunny Singh

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:30 pm

Work permits have gone (unless you are Bulgarian or Romanian). If you are on a work permit or Tier 2, the employer would need to be a licenced sponsor for Tier 2, then issue you a certificate of sponsorship, then you would apply for leave to remain and if you got that, then you could work for the new employer.

Are you on a work permit, Tier 2, or something else?

Don't take second hand advice.

sunny_singh
Newly Registered

Post by sunny_singh » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:40 pm

Thanks

Work Permit - got it done early 2009. Tier 2 wasn't introduced then, I think.

LTR - Is it indefinite or has stipulated time period?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:31 am

1. A new CoS and a new Tier 2 leave to remain, before you can start working for the new employer (as already mentioned by PaperPusher).
2. Read the Tier 2 (General) policy guidance.
3. Same as 1.

LTR stands for "leave to remain". It can either be limited or indefinite, depending on what you have applied for. Indefinite leave is granted only when one applies for settlement.

regards

sunny_singh
Newly Registered

Post by sunny_singh » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:57 pm

Hi,

I finally quit my job and have started looking for new opportunities. I'm currently on Work Permit (not tier 2) from Feb 2009 until Feb 2012. Last date with my current employer is August end.

All I can find on UKBA is Intra Company transfer and nothing about switching companies. How easy is it to get my WP (sponsored by current company) transferred to Tier 2 (sponsored by the new company) and on what salary do I need to be to get CoS approval - 24k or 40k? - I work as a BD Manager currently which is not in shortage occupancy list.

Also, how much funds should I have in my account while applying tier 2 or is that company's headache? My current, soon to be ex- company never asked for my bank statements while applying for my WP, hence the query.

P.S: My current company got my WP done from student visa whilst I was in the UK. Would that cause any problem while transferring to Tier 2?

Many thanks in advance.

sunny_singh
Newly Registered

Post by sunny_singh » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:19 pm

Hi,

could someone share light on the above?

thanks

sunny_singh
Newly Registered

Post by sunny_singh » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:25 pm

anyone pls?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:24 pm

sushdmehta wrote:2. Read the Tier 2 (General) policy guidance.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!