ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Successfull ILR at Sheffield PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ssg
Newly Registered

Successfull ILR at Sheffield PEO

Post by ssg » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:12 pm

Hi,

I would like to thank all the contributors and members of this forum who helped me with the doubts I had in ILR application .I have now got my ILR and I would like to share my experience with all of you thinking it will be of help for anyone who has similar situation like mine .

My case was a bit peculiar as I was on Tier 2 +HSMP+ Workpermit ..therefore I dint know which category I need to select in section 9P of the Set (O) form for the question where they ask you your previous immigration categories ... fortunatley the law says if you are a Tier 2 migrant and applying for ILR your HSMP and workpermit stay would count towards the 5 years ... stay in the country

Documents I submitted :
Letter from Employer
Life in the UK test pass notification
6 month payslips
6 month bankstatements
council tax bill
3 utility bills
tenancy agreeement
p60 and p45 for all 5 years
HSMP approval letter
WP letter
and becase I had 2 speed tickets I declared them in Section 7 and submitted my drivers license as proof

Got to the Sheffield PEO .. at desk 7 confirmed the appointment .. took the token and waited

Waited and was called at desk 6 to verify the application and photos and was given a go ahead to make the payment .. went to the payment desk made the payment , lady on this counter is very chatty and friendly best staff i have come across ... and then .. she would take your application , evidence to pass to the case worker and your wait starts again ...

After 45 mins .. a case worker . took that file came to me .. and asked me the category i was applying in .. I took him through the applicaiton and explained the evidence i had .. he only went through the applicaiton .. and asked for my P60's which were a part of the evidence anyways . .he said they have to carry out verification and it would take about 30 mins ..

Now I wait again.. and after 30 mins .. he came back and gave me the "good news " my applicaiton has been successfull and I can wait for my token to be called to collect my passport and he returned all my evidence ...

in next 5mins the guy in the reception called me gave me my Stamped passport checked my name and date of birth ... and thats it ITS ALL DONE NOW !!!!!

I wish all the best to everyone who is applying ..

BTW .. for driver , the car park is in front of vulcan house . called qpark .. but watch out for the charges and the PEO entrance is on the left side of the building ..

I have a template of a covering letter I prepared for this so if anyone needs it let me know i can share . .it

Thanks
SSG

Jas78
Newly Registered

Congrats!!

Post by Jas78 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:26 pm

COngrats mate on ur successful ILR!!..
Appreciate if you could share the covering letter template.

Thanks and regards,
Jas

ssg
Newly Registered

Re: Congrats!!

Post by ssg » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:44 pm

Jas78 wrote:COngrats mate on ur successful ILR!!..
Appreciate if you could share the covering letter template.

Thanks and regards,
Jas
Hi ,

Attached is the template for covering letter

Applicant Name:
Email:
Mobile No:

Dated:
Sub: Application for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) SET (O)

To,
The Assessing Officer
RE: ILR Form SET (O) Application
Dear Sir/Madam,
I, xxx, wish to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain as a <your current immigration category> Migrant using form SET (O) v04/2010.

I entered the UK on <date you first entered UK>. I have lived and worked lawfully in the UK for the past 5 years.

Below table list the details on visa categories and my employers starting with the most recent one
Visa Category Period Employers

Therefore for the period before I was granted <current immigration category> visa, I would like you to consider my stay on <previous visa categories > Visa towards my 5 year stay in this country.

I have attached the below list of evidence as requested in FORM Set (O) to prove the same

• SET (O) Application Form
• My Passport
• My 2 recent Photographs
• Pass Certificate of Knowledge of Life In the UK test
• Letter from my current Employer confirming my requirement
• 6 month Payslips
• 6 month Bank Statements
• Recent Council Tax Bill
• Recent landline bills
• Tenancy Agreement
• P60’s and P45’s for all 5 years from all employers
• All visa category approval letters

I trust the information that I have provided is satisfactory, however if you have any questions or require additional information regarding any aspect of this application, please let me know
Thanking you.
Yours faithfully,
XXXX

umbala
Newly Registered

Post by umbala » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:42 pm

Hey Congrats. I have an interview on Friday the 18th in Sheffield, wish me luck. I was reading your experience and I don't have a few things you listed like, Utility bills, council tax, tenancy agreement, bankstatements for 6months or WP Letter, what is that? Also is P60 simply pay slip (i'm really clueless I know)

All I have is Employer letter, pay slip for 4months, and passport and application form. Isn't that all I need? I'm reading the application and it says evidence of payslips for 3months. I'm confused now, please tell me exactly what I need please please.

Thanks