ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Earnings conversion

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

suba123
Newly Registered

Earnings conversion

Post by suba123 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:21 pm

Hi,

I am applying for Tier-1 visa next week for the earning periods April 2009 to March 2010. I was working in UK during this period. During this 12-month period, I took a break for 2 months from UK work and joined India office on 1st August 2009. I worked for some days in July in india and then applied my earned leaves until end of Sep 2009. So I have the Indian payslips for July 2009 and sep 2009.
But i have to travel to UK on 05th sep during my vacation and so i was in UK from 05th sep – 30th sep.
I rejoined work in UK from Oct 1st 2009.
But now the question is - for the Indian salary received from sep 05th to sep 30th ( period when i availed the Indian earned leaves and got the indian salary ), can i use the uplift factor as i was physically in UK ?
Could someone clarify this please.

Thanks
Suba

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:48 pm

If you are using UK experience points n since your majority of earning from UK, I am afraid you cannot use uplift ratio for ur indian earnings

suba123
Newly Registered

Earnings conversion

Post by suba123 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:05 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:If you are using UK experience points n since your majority of earning from UK, I am afraid you cannot use uplift ratio for ur indian earnings
Hi,

I was physically in India from 01st august to 04th sep when i received my indian earnings. Hence i have applied for uplift ratio only for the salary which i received when i was in India.

So is my understanding right ?

Thanks
Suba

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Re: Earnings conversion

Post by aspirant99 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:36 am

suba123 wrote:
tvn_ramesh wrote:If you are using UK experience points n since your majority of earning from UK, I am afraid you cannot use uplift ratio for ur indian earnings
Hi,

I was physically in India from 01st august to 04th sep when i received my indian earnings. Hence i have applied for uplift ratio only for the salary which i received when i was in India.

So is my understanding right ?

Thanks
Suba
Yes..good luck!!

suba123
Newly Registered

Earnings conversion

Post by suba123 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:37 pm

Hi,

Now i havenot got the response for my main doubt. The earnings from 05th sep to 30th sep when i was availing my earned leaves, i was in UK.
Basically i was on vacation in UK (but under my indian earned leaves ).

How should this be converted ?

Thanks
Subhashini

pkumar
Member of Standing

Re: Earnings conversion

Post by pkumar » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:20 pm

If you were in UK (on tourist visa) then you can apply uplift ratio ..... but if you in UK on work visa the you cannot.