ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO Appointment Time

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nirmalsainiuk
BANNED

PEO Appointment Time

Post by nirmalsainiuk » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:08 pm

If I call to book an appointment with Croydon PEO tomorrow which date I would get?

Is there any sort of waiting time for it? Lets say they take about 1-2 weeks to give a slot?

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:59 pm

They will offer you a slot with in 4-6 wks or earlier if available; its hit and miss; you have more chance of finding a particular date for an appointment online than by phone.
best regards

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: PEO Appointment Time

Post by Wanderer » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:07 pm

nirmalsainiuk wrote:If I call to book an appointment with Croydon PEO tomorrow which date I would get?

Is there any sort of waiting time for it? Lets say they take about 1-2 weeks to give a slot?
Your case is not striaghtforward - u'd be wasting your money and the won't accept it.

http://immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=57900

For the benefit of others.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:33 pm

Interesting reading , this thread. He can get an appointment but the outcome may be predictable.
Regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:16 pm

There's another twist - the OP doesn't have a passport! Don't know if this would be an issue for same day service.

regards

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:30 pm

UKBA does want a signed travel document as well, so I guess this wont get past the initial screen.
Regards

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:39 pm

I get the impression the OP is hoping to rush this through before the taxman gets hold of his testicles..

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:56 pm

OP is in a difficult situation! Apparently it's been about 2-3 months since he applied for a new passport but the embassy hasn't issued him one. Moreover, his current leave is due to expire in the coming weeks, so he has no alternative but to apply for ILR - even if it means applying without a passport.

The question is whether this will be a problem at the PEO? Or would it be better for him to apply postal?

regards

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:07 am

sushdmehta wrote:OP is in a difficult situation! Apparently it's been about 2-3 months since he applied for a new passport but the embassy hasn't issued him one. Moreover, his current leave is due to expire in the coming weeks, so he has no alternative but to apply for ILR - even if it means applying without a passport.

The question is whether this will be a problem at the PEO? Or would it be better for him to apply postal?

regards
Wonder if he's done the KOL!!??

Edit: Just read his 'blog' - HSMP 4 yr JR, no KOL required.

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:27 pm

He can apply without passport. But postal application will be best.