ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what's Income Tax Return

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zzyy
Newly Registered

what's Income Tax Return

Post by zzyy » Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:22 pm

HSMP form accepts Income Tax Return as salary evidence. What's it, and can I ask for it from HM Revenue?

I have worked in UK for around 1 year and a half. But the 1st company I worked for is very very small, and the wage slips look like fake although they are genuine.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:25 pm

Did your employer issue you with a form P60 last May or June? If not you should certainly query that with them.
John

zzyy
Newly Registered

Post by zzyy » Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:27 pm

no, my employer did not give me. As a foreigner, I'm not familiar with the tax system. I once asked for P45 form after I joined another company.

The problem is even if I got the tax return from my former employer, I still can't the tax return for this year until May, right?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:59 pm

It is a legal requirement that everyone employed in the UK on the 5th April in a year needs to be handed a form P60 showing their Pay and Tax and NIC no later than the following 31st May. If the employer fails to do that then it is possible for tax penalties to be levied on them.
John