ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent ! What document do I need to bring with me ?

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Happy28

Urgent ! What document do I need to bring with me ?

Post by Happy28 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:04 pm

I will go to UK soon. Can anyone provide me the checklist of the document I need to bring with me and what kind of questions I would expect when I enter UK ? Thanks for taking time to reply my thread !!

gd_Shepherd

Post by gd_Shepherd » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:53 pm

You might have to clear immigration at two levels, one at native country airport and one at UK. I hope you must have started applying for jobs now and might have got some kind of responses from the consultants. Do carry a print out of the same.

Carry a Chest X-Ray and report of the same from any recognized laboratory for producing to the immigration at UK if asked for. As I understand, if staying for more than 6 months, you need to produce it. Nevertheless it is safe to carry it.

Carry as much cash (or TC) as necessary for the stay period based on the cost of living of the place where you intend to stay.

Be frank to the question, "Why have you come to UK" at the immigration.

And finally carry ample amount of good luck and best wishes as they are free and will be much needed for job hunting.

Good Luck

Shepherd

aliq09
Member of Standing
Mood:
United States of America

Re: Urgent ! What document do I need to bring with me ?

Post by aliq09 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:52 pm

Happy28 wrote:I will go to UK soon. Can anyone provide me the checklist of the document I need to bring with me and what kind of questions I would expect when I enter UK ? Thanks for taking time to reply my thread !!

Hi ,

Here is the checklist :

1) Bring all the docs you supplied during your initial application to VFS

2) You have to fill a landing card so you must have a address in UK ( ask some friends / family members to provide it)

3) Bring some cash with you as you have to give your self a month or 2 to get yourself a job.

4) If you have some arrangements for job , print all the emails as this will be needed in job center plus for NI ( national Insurance).

5) You will require an address in UK to open an account so if you have banking in your home country that also do banking here in the UK ask them to send you a letter at your UK address .

Good luck! and welcome to party :)

Ali
Thanks

Ali

light_tunnel

Post by light_tunnel » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:15 am

aliq09 wrote: 4) If you have some arrangements for job , print all the emails as this will be needed in job center plus for NI ( national Insurance).
Ali
How do I apply for National Insurance? Is a job mandatory for this?

Cheers,
Light

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:43 am

light_tunnel wrote:
How do I apply for National Insurance? Is a job mandatory for this?

Cheers,
Light
Nope, a job in hand is not mandatory to apply for an NI. You need an NI to actively apply for jobs and avoid any confusions later. Just walk into a Job Centre and tell them you want an NI and they will advice you accordingly. No worries really as you can always start the NI process even once you get a job.

KP