ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which passport forms accepted at the Washington DC embassy?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

greendaze5
Newly Registered

Which passport forms accepted at the Washington DC embassy?

Post by greendaze5 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:20 pm

Hi everyone,

I’m a newbie here. I hope someone can guide me though this maze of applying for my British passport. :?

I am applying via Form UKM (that is ‘born before 1983 to a British mother’) available at the Immigration site in Britain:

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/

However, because I live in Canada, the form has to be processed at the UK Passport Service in Washington DC. But when you go their web site:

http://ukinusa.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for-b ... port-forms

they only seem to allow you to submit one of four ‘generic’ forms (that is C1, C2, BNO-A, or BNO-B).

Am I not allowed to send in Form UKM to Washington DC? This is the one specific to my situation, not the generic ones.

If someone has any advice, that would be very much appreciated! I would call the proper authorities for info, but they now have the nerve to actually charge for calls (and by the minute) ‘with my credit card ready’. I find this appalling. :evil: Am I calling consular services or a psychic hotline? :lol:

Much thanks! :)

HH

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:29 pm

Link to UKM form on the British Embassy Washington website. The webpage also has information about how to apply, fee etc.

regards

greendaze5
Newly Registered

Post by greendaze5 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:35 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Link to UKM form on the British Embassy Washington website.

regards
Hi sushdmehta - a BIG thanks! I' didn't know I had to navigate to this section on the Washington DC site.

HH :)

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:41 pm

greendaze5 wrote:I hope someone can guide me though this maze of applying for my British passport. :?

I am applying via Form UKM (that is ‘born before 1983 to a British mother’) available at the Immigration site in Britain
Form UKM is for registration as a British citizen. Only when registered as British citizen can you apply for a British passport.

regards

greendaze5
Newly Registered

Post by greendaze5 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:47 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
greendaze5 wrote:I hope someone can guide me though this maze of applying for my British passport. :?

I am applying via Form UKM (that is ‘born before 1983 to a British mother’) available at the Immigration site in Britain
Form UKM is for registration as a British citizen. Only when registered as British citizen can you apply for a British passport.

regards
thanks for clarifiying!

HH :)

Kotiara

Post by Kotiara » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:33 pm

Is it possible to get a british passport in the US if you have become a British citizen in the UK based on residence and then left the counrty to work in the States before getting a British passport?

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:10 pm

Kotiara wrote:Is it possible to get a british passport in the US if you have become a British citizen in the UK based on residence and then left the counrty to work in the States before getting a British passport?
YES