ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Application - Almost there :)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:51 pm

I have decided NOT to get a housing inspection report based on the advice given. Even though I do live in a multiple occupancy accommodation, there is clearly no risk of overcrowding as it is a 5 bedroom house with 2 spare bedrooms. This will be verified by a letter from my dad.

They can easily check street view and look at the front of my house. They obviously cannot see inside, but from the front they will be able to see the size of the accommodation.

All this information has been extremely useful. Thank you everyone :)

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:19 pm

You dont live in a multiple occupancy. God, why cant people grasp something that has been mentioned in jargon-free clear english.

:twisted:

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:34 pm

So is a house with more then one family unit a multiple occupancy accomodation?

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:39 pm

Next question should be an easy one about the letter written by my employer.

I quote one of Batleykhans earlier posts:-

"Make sure the letter of employment is on headed paper and the letter contains the date you started, the job you do, the hours you work and the yearly salary you get paid and your National Insurance number on it. Also supply at least 6 weekly or 3 months wage slips. If you have your last P60 send this as this is the best proof you can show what you have earned and how much Tax and NI you have paid. If you are self employed you need to send at least one or two years account that are certified and attested by a qualified accountant. "

My letter of employment shows the date I started and my job title but I do not have the hours worked, my NI number or the salary that I get paid.
I did not ask him to include this as my NI number is clearly shown on my P60, and the salary can be seen on that to. As for hours of work is that relevant?

Will the letter that I already have be acceptable?

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:43 pm

Q4sim wrote:Next question should be an easy one about the letter written by my employer.

I quote one of Batleykhans earlier posts:-

"Make sure the letter of employment is on headed paper and the letter contains the date you started, the job you do, the hours you work and the yearly salary you get paid and your National Insurance number on it. Also supply at least 6 weekly or 3 months wage slips. If you have your last P60 send this as this is the best proof you can show what you have earned and how much Tax and NI you have paid. If you are self employed you need to send at least one or two years account that are certified and attested by a qualified accountant. "

My letter of employment shows the date I started and my job title but I do not have the hours worked, my NI number or the salary that I get paid.
I did not ask him to include this as my NI number is clearly shown on my P60, and the salary can be seen on that to. As for hours of work is that relevant?

Will the letter that I already have be acceptable?
You have asked something and have mentioned the answer in your question itself. If you are not satisfied, then go and get another one. If you are not sure there is not enough info in this letter, then ask your employers to write anything and everything your or they can gather. You have the free will to put down whatever information you think is needed. Your NI number, hours worked, duties, number of paid holidays every years, your punctuality, number of sickies pulled, companys tax records, name of directors, name of accountant, or the full staff list, canteen facilities, condition of wash rooms, or absolutely anything and everything. Get the letter signed by HR dept, then get the signature of director, also counter signed by accountant, attach the company corporation tax returns, get everything you can think of.

But please, for almighty's sake, dont stretch the discussion about this letter. If you ask any more questions about this employer's letter, then I will hold you accountable on the day of judgement for causing me severe mental intentional torture. :cry: