ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what is the fastest decision on PSW postal application in UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

powermatic

what is the fastest decision on PSW postal application in UK

Post by powermatic » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:12 pm

hello

I just have a very general question - does anyone know what is the quickest response time for the tier 1 post-study work applications?

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by powermatic on Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:27 pm

powermatic wrote:hello

I just have a very general question - does anyone know what is the quickest response time for the tier 1 post-study work applications?

Thanks in advance!
Same day, when applied for in person at PEO.

regards

powermatic

Post by powermatic » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:31 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
powermatic wrote:hello

Thanks in advance!
Same day, when applied for in person at PEO.

regards
SORRY, BUT MY QUESTION RELATES ONLY TO POSTAL APPLICATIONS!!!

I could not book appointment as BIA stopped appointments for a while and once they resumed - none of the appointments were available - had no choice but to post my application...

The reason I am actually asking the question is because I sent my application by post very recently and today I missed a recorded delivery - I know it cant be anything else but my documents, I am so curious that I cant wait till tomorrow and am wondering if it is refusal or , perhaps a successfull application that was decided really fast

:( :?:
Thus, does anyone know from their friends or own experience - what is the fastest decision time?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:38 pm

1. Your post did not specify that. So, make sure you post your queries accurately.
2. Please don't shout.

regards

powermatic

Post by powermatic » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:16 pm

sushdmehta, perhaps you know what is the shortest time it may take to process postal application - I tried viewing various posts here, but could not really find anything that relates to processing times.

Thank you.

powermatic

Post by powermatic » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:30 am

sushdmehta wrote:1. Your post did not specify that. So, make sure you post your queries accurately.
2. Please don't shout.

regards
never heard about the "shouting" issue before - well, I am not an IT professional, I am just a regular internet user, therefore, I hope people comming across my post will forgive me.... I have used capitals before and had no problems. If you actually read the post - which part of it could be shouted in spoken language? - none!

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Post by potterbond007 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:58 am

It could be your Visa or it could be a refusal.. can only say when the package is opened.. Btw, how recently did u send ur application? Without the time period, how do u expect anybody to say if it is too soon or not????!!!

powermatic

Post by powermatic » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:31 am

potterbond007 wrote:It could be your Visa or it could be a refusal.. can only say when the package is opened.. Btw, how recently did u send ur application? Without the time period, how do u expect anybody to say if it is too soon or not????!!!
acknowledgement letter was dated 25th May, the application made in UK.

to make matters worse - I went to post office first thing in the morning and they dont have a letter yet in the collection department, I will have to wait till tomorrow - scary! :cry:

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:14 am

powermatic wrote:I have used capitals before and had no problems. If you actually read the post - which part of it could be shouted in spoken language? - none!
Just because you've been able to get away with it in the past without anyone complaining doesn't necessarily mean that it is acceptable or an appropriate thing to do.

We all learn something new everyday!

regards