ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ali1
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa

Post by ali1 » Mon May 31, 2010 12:47 am

Salaam, I have a few questions if someone could assist me I would be very grateful to them.

I have just recently got married from Pakistan. I just wanted to know what documents do i have to submit for my wife to get a visa.

And i heard you have to write letters to each other so how many letters would i need if i was to apply after three months as i have jus started a job. And mostly i keep in contact via phone.

And is three months work suffienct for visa purposes.

I have also heard you need to submit a P60 but as I have recently started a job how do i prove that i am paying tax.

Jazak Allah

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Mon May 31, 2010 8:52 am

Hey, I'm also in the same situation as you. There is a lot of helpful information on this forum and a lot of helpful people to.
My advice is to take your time and make sure you have everything before submitting your case. The more I have been on here the more things i've realised I need or dont need.
As for phone calls, ensure you have call records. Phone cards seem to not be proof that you have been calling your wife.

amirtaheri
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse Visa

Post by amirtaheri » Mon May 31, 2010 11:51 am

ali1 wrote:I have just recently got married from Pakistan. I just wanted to know what documents do i have to submit for my wife to get a visa.
Congratulations on your marriage! In response to your question, from my own research on the UKBA website you need to show the following:

- You are legally married to each other or have registered a civil partnership;

To prove this, you would need to provide your original marriage certificates.

- You are going to live together permanently as husband and wife, or as civil partners;

You should reflect this in your covering letter accompanied by documents supporting you have a home to live in such as a tenancy agreement, rent book or registered title to a house. Alternatively, if you are going to be living with your parents, provide their registered title or tenancy agreement, attached to a covering letter stating that you will have exclusive use of a room within the house for an indefinite period and whether they will seek any rent from you.

- You have met each other;

You should provide notarised photocopies of your original passport with pages stamped by Pakistani authorities of your visits to Pakistan, any entry visas that you may have obtained for your trips to Pakistan.

Additionally, photographs preferably timestamped, but not necessarily a deal breaker, are the best form of evidence. Provide a little commentary on the back of where the picture was taken and what was happening in them is also a good idea.

Plane tickets/boarding cards should also be included as additional evidence.

- You can support yourselves and any dependants without help from public funds;

Provide at minimum 3 months worth of payslips (Originals and one photocopy). They say you should ideally provide 6 months worth, but I was able to get by with only 3.

Provide 6 months worth of original bank statements. Ideally, this should be on bank leter headed paper and not one you can print off the internet. If you only have online statements, you can request your bank provide paper copies for the previous 6 months, although some banks may charge a nominal amount for that. For my application, I was unable to get those letter headed copies but was instead able to obtain a printout of my statements at the bank which was then stamped and signed by a bank official. You should check with the British High Commission if this is allowed. The British Embassy in Beijing permitted it and it proved to be sufficient.

Provide statements of any savings your have in the form of statements from your bank. As always, provide originals.

Provide your latest P60 document. Original documents only.

- You have adequate accommodation where you and your dependants can live without help from public funds; and

As mentioned before, provide evidence of your accomodation, rent books, tenancy agreements, registered titles etc. Alternatively, if you are going to be living with your parents, provide their registered title or tenancy agreement, attached to a covering letter stating that you will have exclusive use of a room within the house for an indefinite period and whether they will seek any rent from you.

- You are at least 21 years old

A notarised photocopy of your passport is usually sufficient for this, but you can also provide your birth certificate as well.
And i heard you have to write letters to each other so how many letters would i need if i was to apply after three months as i have jus started a job. And mostly i keep in contact via phone.
If you are applying almost immediately after your marriage this isn't strictly necessary, but my opinion is always to be better to be safe than sorry. Provide email transcripts, letters, postcards, packages, telephone records. Telephone records, I have found can take the form of online statements from VOIP providers. My application submitted some 18 months worth of telephone statements showing phone numbers I had dialled when speaking to my fiancee. I would probably submit a copy of all these bills just to be safe.

I also submitted chat transcripts that we had over the internet, well, a selection of various chat transcripts because otherwise I would have printed off 200 pages!
I believe this is the bare minimum you must provide. This should be evidenced in the form of payslips and an offer of employment, including your terms of employment, ie an employment contract. This should be the original accompanied with a photocopy. A word of warning, payslips should be on special paper, in the form most employers provide. I've found that there tends to be suspicion raised with payslips written on sheets of A4 that looks as though you could have made yourself!

With all the documents you are sending in support of your wife's application, you should also be attaching a covering letter. This should cover a brief history of the relationship, where you met, how you met, where you got married and when. It should also list out a list of all accompanying documents you are sending in support of the application. In my application I also made reference to my job. I highlighted that my job was not at risk of redundancy (civil service job!) and indicated my annual salary.
I have also heard you need to submit a P60 but as I have recently started a job how do i prove that i am paying tax.
Your payslips should be sufficient to prove you are paying tax.

I was in exactly the same position when I applied for a fiancee visa for my fiancee in China. I had only been in work 4-5 months. I was able to provide however, 5 payslips and my bank statements for the previous 6 months. Everything came together and she recently got her visa in the post.

All of the above is based on personal experience and opinion. Somebody with more knowledge and experience may be better able to advise you, but all of the above should be a good starting point!

Best of luck with your application!

zeddy zed

Re: Spouse Visa

Post by zeddy zed » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:04 pm

[quote="ali1"]Salaam, I have a few questions if someone could assist me I would be very grateful to them.

I have just recently got married from Pakistan. I just wanted to know what documents do i have to submit for my wife to get a visa.

salam brother

am going to be applying in couple months aswel i have been doing a lot of research and putting my file together.

well firstly p60 is not essential , plus you get p60 on 6th april every year and it basically shows your income for the year and the amount of tax you have paid, since you have recently started work if its after 6th april 2010 you cant get that any way so dont worry about that. As long as you have your pay slips, letter from your employer confirming your job, bank statement you should be ok.

Plus also get your paye tax coding notice from HM revenue & customs just for extra evidence. I got that from them aswel, it basically tells yours tax code for the year and as your employers details on it.

In regards to letters , you dont need much if you are applying after 3 months but just in case send a couple post cards or letters or some thing, but make sure you keep the recipets as evidence to show you have sent post cards also keep the envelope as well cuz they have the stamp on it just for evidence.

What ever you do dont rely on calling cards they dont count as evidence just use lyca mobile or vectone or something like that where you can get itemised call records.

Read the following thread by batley khan it tells everything and the documents u need to put your file together

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... start=4320

hope it helps