ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport requested by IND

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bblb
Newly Registered

Passport requested by IND

Post by bblb » Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:12 pm

I applied for Naturalisation in October '05. However, my passport was due to expire and I needed to travel in March. In fact I am travelling 11th March (saturday) and returning 1st April.

I received a letter from IND today asking to see my passport for last five years and they need it by 27th March. As Im not back from India until 1st April, I cannot post the passport to IND until at least 3rd April.

What should I do? If I call IND and explain to them Im going abroad and cannot send the passport until after they date they asked for it, will they be okay about it?

ppron747
inactive

Post by ppron747 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:31 pm

I don't know whether they'll accept your reason or not, but I wouldn't call them about it. Too much opportunity for notes not being properly taken.

Write to them with your explanation - and send the letter by recorded delivery, so that if, by some chance, they refuse your application for want of seeing the passport, you can prove that you offered a full explanation well before the deadline they imposed.

It would also do no harm to enclose a photocopy of your airtickets, so they can see precisely how long your trip to India will be.
|| paul R.I.P, January, 2007
Want a 2nd opinion? One will be along shortly....

vin123
Member of Standing

Post by vin123 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:52 am

27th March to 3rd April is only a weeks delay.
I would just write to them mentioning about the trip causing this 'unforeseen' delay and assuring the passport with be sent by 3rd April.