ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success today at Croydon (Prev emp originals req)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

visitkans

ILR success today at Croydon (Prev emp originals req)

Post by visitkans » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:02 pm

Had my Appt at 8AM and everything done by 10:30.

WP + HSMP + TIER1
2 Employers, 1st WP, 2nd WP, then HSMP and then Tier1

Thanks for all the information guys, got my ILR today at Croydon PEO,

I only had a printout copy of my P60 with my previous employer which was 4 years ago on WP.
During the document check process itself I was asked for the original P60 or some other proof that i was working with my first employer.. after a tussle and search thro the pile of documents i took, found out a Tax paye notice sent from my first employer that had the company name on it, asked her if thats a valid proof, and i was relieved when she said yes and stamped my application valid.

Then it was onto the first floor, made the payment via cash, then onto the large interview room.
My number was 7 and was called to a interview desk at 9:15, the caseworker was very friendly and even greeted saying "ohh so your are 007, welcome :)"

She went thro all the docs and then asked me to wait till she checks all the information, it too some 40 minutes and then i was called again and heard the magic words that we all love to hear and asked me to wait for the passport.

Another 15+ minutes and got my ILR endorsed.....

Whoaaa what a relief!!...

Docs Submitted:
1. Letter from Employer (it says not required, but I was asked for the letter in both places)
2. KOL
3. 3 months payslips
4. 3 months bank statements
5. All 5 year P60 and all originals
6. WP employment proof (I submitted hmrc tax paye notice)

Any questions.. will be happy to answer...[/list]

leafbbi
Newly Registered

Post by leafbbi » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:08 pm

thank you for sharing your experience. How did they know your P60 is a copy, not original? My P60 is printed black and white. It dosn't look any different to a copy.

shs213

Re: ILR success today at Croydon (Prev emp originals req)

Post by shs213 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:55 am

visitkans wrote:
I only had a printout copy of my P60 with my previous employer which was 4 years ago on WP.
During the document check process itself I was asked for the original P60 or some other proof that i was working with my first employer.. after a tussle and search thro the pile of documents i took, found out a Tax paye notice sent from my first employer that had the company name on it, asked her if thats a valid proof, and i was relieved when she said yes and stamped my application valid.
this is worrying me.... I only have WP letter, bank statements to show salry been paid to prove i worked for the company as a WP holder... this is for the first year of my 5 yrs.... shoud i worry??????

I have my P45 they issued wn i left, but by that time the company renamed - so the WP letter and P45 have two different names...

visitkans

Post by visitkans » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:11 pm

leafbbi wrote:thank you for sharing your experience. How did they know your P60 is a copy, not original? My P60 is printed black and white. It dosn't look any different to a copy.
Well, a printout definitely does not look like an original :)

visitkans

Re: ILR success today at Croydon (Prev emp originals req)

Post by visitkans » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:13 pm

shs213 wrote:
visitkans wrote:
this is worrying me.... I only have WP letter, bank statements to show salry been paid to prove i worked for the company as a WP holder... this is for the first year of my 5 yrs.... shoud i worry??????

I have my P45 they issued wn i left, but by that time the company renamed - so the WP letter and P45 have two different names...
If you have original bank statements that show salary coming in from your first company, then that's an accepted proof as they asked me.

A WP or a WP letter is not a proof that you have been working in that company during that WP period.

leafbbi
Newly Registered

Post by leafbbi » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:49 pm

visitkans wrote:
leafbbi wrote:thank you for sharing your experience. How did they know your P60 is a copy, not original? My P60 is printed black and white. It dosn't look any different to a copy.
Well, a printout definitely does not look like an original :)
I don't know, but the original IS just a print out. There are no fancy ink or paper. I have worked for two companies, P60s are all black and white on standard A4 print paper. And my recent three payslips look different each of them because the compay is changing its name but new company letter paper is not ready yet. So my payslip go from pringing in colour to black and white, from thick creamy paper to plain print paper. I am worrying ho may say they are not original.