ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

If i have to fly back during Tier1 application processing?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hacky
Newly Registered

If i have to fly back during Tier1 application processing?

Post by hacky » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:42 pm

Hi

I am working in UK on WP. I am applying for Tier 1 and getting my stuff together but have the following queries:

1. If i apply for Tier 1 and due to some reasons my project gets over before getting approval, I will back have to fly back. Will my application become invalid then since in the form I will be applying from within UK?

2. Also if it is not invalid, will I be able to get my passport from HO for flying back because my current emplyer will not allow me to stay after project is over.

Thanks in advance

aliq09
Member of Standing
Mood:
United States of America

Re: If i have to fly back during Tier1 application processin

Post by aliq09 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:31 am

hacky wrote:Hi

I am working in UK on WP. I am applying for Tier 1 and getting my stuff together but have the following queries:

1. If i apply for Tier 1 and due to some reasons my project gets over before getting approval, I will back have to fly back. Will my application become invalid then since in the form I will be applying from within UK?

2. Also if it is not invalid, will I be able to get my passport from HO for flying back because my current emplyer will not allow me to stay after project is over.

Thanks in advance

Hi ,

You are on WP for how long and is your WP is about to finish ???? Why are you switching to TIER1 ? of course you have to be in UK during your application process
Thanks

Ali

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: If i have to fly back during Tier1 application processin

Post by aruni4470 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:21 am

hacky wrote:Hi

Thanks in advance
If you have to travel back, you need to get your passport back. If you request your passport back, your whole application will be returned without being processed. You can go back to your home country and make a fresh application.

4. WITHDRAWAL OF APPLICATIONS
4.1. Return of passport for travel before an application has been determined Where an applicant requests the return of a passport for travel outside the common travel area, the application for variation of leave shall (provided it has not been determined) be treated as withdrawn as soon as the passport has been returned in response to the request (paragraph 34 of HC 395 (as amended by Cm 4851) refers). Section 3C leave will end immediately. There will be no right of appeal against this
decision because there will have been no decision to refuse to vary leave.
4.2. Withdrawal of applications (not travelling)
Where an applicant who is not travelling makes a clear, unambiguous request for consideration of the application to be discontinued, section 3C leave will terminate on withdrawal of the application. If such a request is ambiguous, clarification that the application is being withdrawn should be sought. It should be accepted only once a clear, unambiguous request has been made in writing. Where such notification is given by post, the date of postage is when the application is withdrawn and section 3C leave ends on that date.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

hacky
Newly Registered

Post by hacky » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:45 pm

Aruni4470...thanks

@ali1 q09..my wp is still there for some duration but want to shift to Tier 1 as i dont want to remain dependent on my employer.