ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Requirement of £2800 maintenance fund

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

coolguycp1

Requirement of £2800 maintenance fund

Post by coolguycp1 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:53 pm

I am about to apply for a Tier-1 visa and I notice that a minimum maintenance fund of £2800 is required over a period of three months. I have checked my bank accounts and found that I do not have this amount in any one bank account but the money is spread across few bank accounts.

Can I show that I have sufficient maintenance fund taking into consideration all these accounts?

geeteshanand

Post by geeteshanand » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:07 pm

No. It needs to be in one account. This is where the catch is..you need to have maintained GBP 2800 in one account and it should not have dropped below this amount during 90 day period and there should not be more than 1 month gap between the date the 90 day period ends and the date of your application. The date of the application is the date shown on the receipt you get once you pay your visa fee to VFS.

geeteshanand

Post by geeteshanand » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:08 pm

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Requirement of £2800 maintenance fund

Post by geriatrix » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:29 pm

coolguycp1 wrote:I am about to apply for a Tier-1 visa and I notice that a minimum maintenance fund of £2800 is required over a period of three months. I have checked my bank accounts and found that I do not have this amount in any one bank account but the money is spread across few bank accounts.

Can I show that I have sufficient maintenance fund taking into consideration all these accounts?
It is not mandatory that you hold maintenance funds in one account.

So what number do you have in mind when you say spread across few accounts?

regards

geeteshanand

Post by geeteshanand » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:36 pm

I actually gave it a thought...my understanding says that you can break the GBP 2800 as per your different accounts. But then UKBA says and I quote "If you are applying from outside the United Kingdom, the balance must show that you have had at least £2,800 in your account at all times over the three-month period."
But I dont see why you can't maintain GBP 2800 in more than 1 account.
Maybe a more senior member like Sush can help with this.

coolguycp1

Post by coolguycp1 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:26 pm

I have sufficient balance, ie, more than £4500 across 3 bank accounts, over 90 day period.

geeteshanand

Post by geeteshanand » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:45 pm

But realistically speaking you would be spending around GBP1700-2000 pounds per month on a regular basis for single in shared accomo plus other living expenses..food,travel,utilities,phones.entertainment.Hope you are aware of this.

coolguycp1

Post by coolguycp1 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:04 pm

Thanks Anand,

I am aware of the living costs in UK. So, I am mindful of how much I need in order to live in UK.

Also, my own brother is in UK right now on a Tier 2 visa. He has been there for over 3 years.

Can I show that he can help if required, though I dont think this will be required?

geeteshanand

Post by geeteshanand » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:09 pm

You are right..your brother's sponsorship letter of any kind is NOT required.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:22 pm

three accounts must be in your name, if they are joint accounts then you must prove that you had access to the account during the period you are claiming points for.

e.g you cant just get your name added to an account in May and say that this was your account in April!

the total must be more than 2800 pounds not a penny less and there should be no record of the money dropping below 2800 pounds at any time.

if thats the case, then yes, you will get your maintenance points.

regards

aliq09
Member of Standing
Mood:
United States of America

Post by aliq09 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:03 am

coolguycp1 wrote:I am about to apply for a Tier-1 visa and I notice that a minimum maintenance fund of £2800 is required over a period of three months. I have checked my bank accounts and found that I do not have this amount in any one bank account but the money is spread across few bank accounts.

Hi ,

IMO, try to make your case easy and straight and do not go in " spread factor" . It is wise to wait and get all the balance in 1 account rather than explaining the fact after your case refusal to ECO in letters.

I am not saying here you can not do it but think logically and take out all the money from your spread accounts and put them in one account and wait for the 90 days time limit to reach .

Now let say you will say man! i can not wait etc etc .................. so the condition you have to meet is as following

1) Account name must match your passport name

2) You have to under take one start date .. say a point of start ... this will be your reference and all accounts must follow this reference point till the end point of 90 days limit

3) Go in each bank and get the letter ( you see how things are getting difficult even from your point of view)

So , IMO go for 1 account by the way if you are talking about " spread account" may i known how long is the spread it self.
Thanks

Ali

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:46 am

I will re-iterate what I have said above, there is no mandatory requirement to have your maintenance funds in one account. This is also clearly indicated in the policy guidance itself.

Anyone who opines otherwise is requested to read the Tier 1 policy guidance *carefully* before responding to queries on this topic.

regards

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:06 pm

Completely agree with Sush. It is not mandatory to show maintenance fund in one account.

214. Where evidence from two or more accounts are submitted, we will assess the funds available to the applicant using:
• the most recent closing balance of one account, plus
• any additional money available to the applicant on the date of that closing balance, for which the applicant has provided the required evidence.
We will always use the closing balance date from the account that most favours the applicant.

stary100

Post by stary100 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:05 am

sushdmehta wrote:I will re-iterate what I have said above, there is no mandatory requirement to have your maintenance funds in one account. This is also clearly indicated in the policy guidance itself.

Anyone who opines otherwise is requested to read the Tier 1 policy guidance *carefully* before responding to queries on this topic.

regards
Please read the comments from my refusel notice
ECO comments : you have claimed 10 points for Maintenance under Appendix C of the Immigration rules but documents you have provided do not demonstrate that you are in possession of £2800.The latest date of the bank statement you have submitted is 21/12/2009.Therefore you are to show that you held £2800 for theree months prior to this date,that is from 21/09/2009 untill 21/12/2009.The bank statement you have submitted from Barclays bank indicates that the level of fund in your account fell below the required level of £2800 to £159 on 24/09/2009.I note you have submitted an on-line bank statement for the period from 29/11/2009 to 29/12/2009.As it does not cover the three months required period ,it cannot be consideredâ€