ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:00 am

Q4sim wrote:@IS200 thanks for the info :)

Anyone else had experience shipping their visa application to Pakistan? How long did it take? Who did you use..etc.
From earlier in the thread...
kaidee wrote:£44.08 pick up from home, 3kg of papers. I put them into a box. They fitted in nicely without too much space around the sides. I had some old large jiffy bag envelopes lying around so put my papers in them to cushion them (originals in one, copies in another) and stuck them in the box. Box dimensions were:
Length: 37cm
Width: 28cm
Height: 10cm
Weight: 3kg

www.interparcel.com (I used a friend's account, without an account you'll pay a few quid more but nothing extortionate).

hth
kaidee wrote:Assalamu 'alaikum Zeddy

It is much much cheaper with an account. You will save £70 or so easily. I was being quoted £110 for DHL to Pakistan by DHL (I rang them). Through my friends account the same service was £34. I tried with FedEx direct and it was the same thing. I ended up sending 3kg via FedEx for £44.08 via an account with interparcel. It left yesterday at mid-day and currently is in Dubai as I type.

You are better off finding a friend with an account or going through this company www.interparcel.com and you will get similar rates without an account (difference of a few pounds). They're basically brokers for courier companies.

Personally, with hindsight, I'd have left 10 days between sending the docs and the appointment day, just so that any delays can be covered and if any last minute things needed doing then they can.
kaidee wrote:They're in the motherland now :P

May 5, 2010 11:48 AM Picked up AYLESBURY GB

May 5, 2010 4:30 PM Left FedEx origin facility AYLESBURY GB

May 5, 2010 10:11 PM In transit STANSTED GB

May 5, 2010 10:21 PM In transit STANSTED GB

May 5, 2010 10:33 PM In transit STANSTED GB

May 6, 2010 11:15 AM Arrived at FedEx location PARIS FR

May 6, 2010 2:31 AM Departed FedEx location PARIS FR

May 6, 2010 9:31 PM At dest sort facility DUBAI CITY AE

May 7, 2010 12:06 AM In transit LAHORE PK Package available for clearance

May 7, 2010 2:00 AM Int'l shipment release LAHORE PK

May 7, 2010 3:40 AM At local FedEx facility LAHORE PK

Times are GMT scan times. What's annoying is that the destination is 3 hours by car from Lahore and as of yet the papers are still sitting in Lahore. According to http://fedex.com/pk/dropoff/ Lahore offices have Friday off so that's probably why. I rang Lahore at 11pm Pak time to check (4p a minute call services from mobile zindabad) and to my surprise actually got somewhere. I gave them my tracking number and they confirmed my name (so I now know that the tracking system in Pakistan actually works :lol: ) and they told me that it would be delivered tomorrow. InshaAllah hope so, appointment is on Monday.
kaidee wrote:Well, my papers finally got there alhamdulillah. Once my parcel hit Pakistan the tracking system became non existant. I phoned Lahore a few times and spoke to customer services, that part was ok. My tracking screen however showed no updates from my parcel being received in Lahore and that was what concerned me.

I rang at 9.30am GMT as that was 1.30pm Pak and the tracking showed that parcel was still in Lahore and was told that it had left Lahore but their IT system was down or something hence no updates. Great.

I was then given a number for the office at the destination and they told me to ring back after 5 mins. I did and was told that my parcel had been delivered. So all in all, it got there, if it wasn't for a Friday being a holiday in Lahore it would have got there on Friday, and the lack of tracking in Pakistan was a let down. Overall the service was ok, it left Wednesday midday from my house, got to destination midday or so Saturday.

Advice for anyone else who needs to send docs this way:

1) Leave plenty of days between sending and the day you need them by so you don't stress needlessly.
2) If in a rush then factor in that Friday may not count for you depending on destination and that not all places offer Saturday delivery and Sunday delivery seems unlikely. Best to check what the working days are in the destination country.
3) Be aware that tracking in Pakistan may be erratic.
4) Get customer service numbers in advance for destination country just in case and don't be afraid to ring at strange times - chances are that someone will be there.
There is no ease except that which You make easy, and You make sadness, if You wish, easy

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:07 am

Q4sim wrote:Thanks snipered,
Yes i'm going to staple the photos to A4 pieces of paper and photocopy them. Did you put all your documents in clear sleeves in a folder?
How did you number your pages?
From earlier in the thread...
kaidee wrote:Jazakallahu khair for your kind words, may the like of it and better be for you too ameen.

I photocopied everything that I could here and sent it together with the originals. I had 5 sections with 1 treasury tag through each section to keep the section together and then 1 treasury tag through half of the total paperwork (keep all the sections together and in order) with another treasury tag towards the end of the first half which I joined through to the end of the second half so it all stays together. It meant punching 2 holes, 1 for the section treasury tag and 1 for the whole thing. I did the same for the copy.

Obviously anything that needs signing will have to be photocopied after it has been signed. I'm probably a control freak but I'd rather do as much of it myself as I can!
Slightly edited from original post.
kaidee wrote:After muchos headache over the last few days, I've finished my application

I've put a covering letter at the beginning of any section which I thought could do with clarity in a certain aspect or simply in the manner in which I have presented the information (e.g. the lengthy and numerous itemised bills)

Then a page at the beginning of each section detailing everything in that section (written exactly the same as on the contents page) with the addition of 'sponsor:**** applicant:****
e.g.

The Sponsor

Sponsor: Fred
Applicant: Jane
April 2010

Consisting of:
Sponsorship declaration
Sponsor’s covering letter
Attested copy of sponsor’s British passport

Then a covering page for each item with the same title as on the contents page and section cover page with 'sponsor:**** applicant:**** written on it.

Since there are 5 sections and I have got a pack of 5 sticky index markers, I'll colour code everything and write a number on it just like batleykhan suggested :)

I’m also going to stick in a bunch of receipts and invoices for pregnancy books and baby stuff that I’ve bought recently with a covering letter, although not sure where, maybe in the sponsor section – can’t hurt. We are dealing with humans at the end of the day, maybe I'll get an emotional gesture of goodwill :lol:
The list below is what I sent off, and how it was arranged.

CONTENTS

Section 1: The Applicant
Consisting of:
1.1) Completed VAF4A application form

1.2) Applicant’s covering letter

1.3) Applicant’s TB certificate

Section 2: The Sponsor
Consisting of:
2.1) Sponsorship declaration

2.2) Sponsor’s covering letter

2.3) Attested copy of sponsor’s British passport

2.4) Proof of special circumstances

Section 3: Sponsor’s UK accommodation arrangements
Consisting of:
3.1) Letter from Sponsor’s parent (homeowner)

3.2) Homeowner’s mortgage statement

3.3) Homeowner’s title deed

3.4) Accommodation report

3.5) Details of case regarding third party accommodation (possible points of relevance are number 13, 14 & 15)

Section 4: Sponsor’s employment and finances
Consisting of:
4.1) Sponsor’s covering letter

4.2) Chartered Accountant’s covering letter and projected accounts

4.3) Financial statements 01/12/09 to 05/04/10

4.4) Tax Return 2010, 06/04/09 to 05/04/10

4.5) Original bank statements 15/12/09 to 07/04/10

4.6) Business invoices Dec 09 to Mar 10

4.7) Consultancy confirmation letter

Section 5: Evidence of marriage and contact between sponsor and applicant
Consisting of:
5.1) Sponsor’s covering letter

5.2) Original marriage certificate in Urdu

5.3) Attested English translation of original marriage certificate

5.4) Wedding photos from the first day 13/12/09
5.5) Wedding photos from the second day 14/12/09
5.6) Honeymoon photos 16/12/09

5.7) Evidence of continuing contact between sponsor and applicant in the form of itemised bills from various telecommunication companies:
5.7.1) Sponsor’s Vectone account information and itemised log 22/01/10 to 30/01/10

5.7.2) Sponsor’s T-Mobile account
5.7.3) Sponsors T-Mobile bill and itemised log 03/02/10 to 04/03/10
5.7.4) Sponsors T-Mobile bill and itemised log 04/03/10 to 04/04/10
5.7.5) Sponsors T-Mobile bill and itemised log 05/04/10 to 25/04/10

5.7.6) Sponsor’s Orange account
5.7.7) Sponsor’s Orange bill and itemised log 24/01/10 to 23/02/10
5.7.8) Sponsor’s Orange bill and itemised log 24/02/10 to 23/03/10
5.7.9) Sponsor’s Orange bill and itemised log 25/03/10 to 23/04/10

5.7.10) Sponsor’s Simple Call account information, top ups record, access numbers list and itemised logs 27/01/10 to 19/03/10

5.7.11) Sponsor’s My Call account information
5.7.12) Sponsor’s My Call registered mobile phone numbers
5.7.13) Sponsor’s My Call registered speed dial number
5.7.14) Sponsor’s My Call top up and itemised log 25/01/10 to 31/01/10
5.7.15) Sponsor’s My Call top up and itemised log 01/02/10 to 28/02/10
5.7.16) Sponsor’s My Call top up and itemised log 01/03/10 to 31/03/10
5.7.17) Sponsor’s My Call top up and itemised log 01/04/10 to 26/04/10

5.7.18) Details of sponsor’s usage of international text messaging service, including email regarding itemised statement

5.8) Applicant’s Zong mobile phone registration papers (in the name of her husband, the sponsor)

5.9) Applicant’s Ufone itemised log 04/02/10 to 22/04/10 with covering letter

5.10) Evidence of sponsor’s financial support of applicant – 4 transfer receipts

The smiley faces are number 8.
There is no ease except that which You make easy, and You make sadness, if You wish, easy

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:38 am

Thanks Kaidee.

I willl most likely use the same shipping method as you as it sounds like the best way to go. I'll keep everyone informed of what I do and when.
That list of contents has been very helpful. I have now organised my documents in very similar way. It does make everything easy to find and in a nice order.
Treasury tags sounds like a good idea, however, I have heard that places like Islamabad remove the treasury tags. The Last thing I want is for my papers to go all over the place. Whats people experiences with submitting folders with everything in clear sleeves? Do they take all the documents out of the folder? These little things shouldnt even be an issue!!lol

Also, did you have a solicitor helping you? Whats everybodys opinions on getting one? I mean from my personal opinion, it seems as if I have gathered all of the information that I need from here without the need of going to a immigration solicitor? So is there any need?

snipered

Post by snipered » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:50 am

I can confirm,

they do not allow any specific order. In Islamabad, you are not allowed any tags as they say that the Embassy require it with loose paper.

They just put ours in a specific bag in any order.

They said that the Embassy have their own order.

I had mine organised with a proper index and they just didnt care.

newbie123
Newly Registered

what is sponsorship declaration

Post by newbie123 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:55 am

hi all

i just wanted to know what is a sponsorship declaration

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:40 am

Ok, what about Mirpur. Do you know if they do the same there?
This is so frustrating as I have SO many documents and loose bits such as plane tickets etc.

Is a sponsorship declaration the same as a sponsorship undertaking?

Batleykhan gave an example of one here:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=51723

alibokhari

Re: what is sponsorship declaration

Post by alibokhari » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:19 pm

newbie123 wrote:hi all

i just wanted to know what is a sponsorship declaration
FYI

http://www.ukvacpk.com/images/sponsorform.pdf

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:23 pm

Is a sponsorship undertaking the same as a sponsorhip declaration?

alibokhari

Post by alibokhari » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:29 pm

salam everyone, does anyone know, in what order the applications get processed, i have seen couple of applications submitted in May and they are either already under process or a decision been made

my wife submitted her application in April and we are still waiting, i emailed UK hub with the same question and their reply was " 12 weeks waiting time"

it's so frustrating - atleast some sort of order- happy for those whom waiting times are over but it's so frustrating grrrrrrrr (@ embassy)

by the way plz don't take my email in a wrong way - my prayers and wishes for an early and best outcome for everyone

OHH ALLAH PLEASE GIVE US PATIENCE - AMEEN

alibokhari

Post by alibokhari » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:22 pm

Q4sim wrote:Is a sponsorship undertaking the same as a sponsorhip declaration?
as far as i know and my understanding yes they are the same, because i didn't find any separate form

Zak_K

Post by Zak_K » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:51 pm

alibokhari wrote:
as far as i know and my understanding yes they are the same, because i didn't find any separate form
The form you are looking for is the SU07/01
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... ponsorform

The sponsorship declaration is a document that needs to be attested in front of an oath commissioner which may go somthing like this:

I, Zak_K of 10 Red road hold british citizenship
I Zak_K bank with Lloyds TSB account No. 123456
(and most importantly) I, Zak_K declare that if _______ should be allowed to settle in the UK I will under no circumstances have recourse to public funds.

(This is just a quick example, I'm sure you get the idea. If you need a template for this give me a shout and I'll get hold of my declaration.

Zak.

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:56 pm

Thanks Zak,

I have the SU07/01 so i'm ok regarding the sponsorship undertaking form.
The sponsorship declaration however is something I didnt' realise you needed let alone get attested by an oath commisioner.
I would be very greatful if you could send me your template.
I dont understand why this is necessary however as the sponsorship undertaking says the same thing doesnt it?

Can anybody else clarify this?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:57 pm

alibokhari wrote:
They are different.

SD is one that the applicant provides with their application of their own free will.

SU is used by and ECO when he has some concerns and wants an undertaking from the applicant/sponsor. He would then normally ask people to complete this form and may use it against the applicant in the future if they break any part of the undertaking .

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:24 pm

Thank You Batleykhan,
Is the template for a sponsorship undertaking that you wrote in the following link suitable for settlement visa purposes? :-

Also do I need to get this attested by an oath commisioner?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:43 pm

Q4sim wrote:Thank You Batleykhan,
Is the template for a sponsorship undertaking that you wrote in the following link suitable for settlement visa purposes? :-

Yes

Also do I need to get this attested by an oath commisioner?
No

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:59 pm

Ok everyone, here is my Sponsorship letter for a settlement visa application, Please read it and let me know if theres anything I need to change/remove/add:-

The Entry Clearance Officer
British High Commission
Islamabad
Pakistan

Dear Sir/Madam

Re: Settlement Visa for Mrs *********

I am writing in support of an application by the above named person for a settlement visa to enable her to live with me at my parents home in the UK.

The above named is my wife and she is currently living at her parents home in Pakistan.

I am willing to sponsor her and I will pay for her one way plane ticket to the UK (a one way ticket currently costs in the region of £350).

It has been just over one month since I last saw my wife when I was living with her in Pakistan.

My wifes entry to the UK will enable us to continue living our life together.

I currently work full time as a ***** for , ***** and have a salary of *****. I also work part time as a ***** for ***** on a one evening per week basis. I live in my parent's home which is a 5 bedroom semi detached. There is more then enough space for myself and my wife to stay here as we will be sharing a double room.

I give you my full assurance that that I can support, maintain and accommodate my wife without any recourse to public funds ( Attached is a Sponsorship Declaration).

I would therefore be grateful if you can kindly issue the visa to her

Thanks

Yours faithfully

By the way should it still be addressed to the BHC in Islamabad as I thought the applications now come to Croydon?

newbie123
Newly Registered

sponsorship declaration

Post by newbie123 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:52 pm

do we have to send off a sponsorship declaration?

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:01 pm

Q4sim wrote:Ok, what about Mirpur. Do you know if they do the same there?
This is so frustrating as I have SO many documents and loose bits such as plane tickets etc.

Is a sponsorship declaration the same as a sponsorship undertaking?

Batleykhan gave an example of one here:

I submitted at Mirpur, tags are fine and they didn't mess with the order as far as I am aware (my wife is the applicant).
kaidee wrote:For info:

My email:

Assalamu 'alaikum

My wife will be submitting her visa application soon. I have a few questions.

1) Can the visa application be submitted with treasury tags through all the papers? Or is it only paper clips?

2) How soon is it possible to book an appointment? Is there a delay/waiting time for booking appointments?

3) Is there any space for a lady to pray in the normal lounge? What about in the premier lounge?

Thanks

Reply:

Dear ,

Thank you for your mail ! Para wise reply is as under, please :-

1.Your wife can submit the papers with treasuty tages.
2. We don't deal with the appointments. You or your wife have to make a contact on following telephone numbers :-

From PTCL telephone numbers : 0900 10411
From cells/mobiles : 8865
From overseas : +9251 2098999

3. Proper place is not available but she will be accommodated in Manager's office.

We appreciate your understanding and trust in our services.

Kind regards,
Mirpur VAC Manager,
UK Visa Application Centre,
Gerry's International,
Mirpur, Azad Kashmir

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:12 pm

Q4sim wrote:Thanks Zak,

I have the SU07/01 so i'm ok regarding the sponsorship undertaking form.
The sponsorship declaration however is something I didnt' realise you needed let alone get attested by an oath commisioner.
I would be very greatful if you could send me your template.
I dont understand why this is necessary however as the sponsorship undertaking says the same thing doesnt it?

Can anybody else clarify this?
Mine (heavliy plagiarised from BK's) :

Friday 23rd April 2010

The Entry Clearance Officer

Re: Spouse Settlement Visa for Mrs Jimbo Jones

I am writing to confirm my awareness and full support of the settlement visa application for my wife, Jimbo Jones.
I am willing to sponsor her visit and pay all the necessary travelling costs and any other expenses that she might incur.
I am a graduate in Business Administration (BA Hons 2:1) and work as a Business Consultant with a yearly income of at least £17000. I live with my parents and have done so since birth. Our home is a 3 bedroom semi-detached house. There is ample space for my wife.
I give you my full assurance that that I can support, maintain and accommodate my wife without any recourse to public funds. (Below is the Sponsorship Declaration).
........................................................................................................
Sponsorship Declaration
1. Sponsors Full Name: Mr SuperJimbo Jones.
2. Date and Place of Birth: 15th September 1979, Aylesbury, UK.
3. Address in UK: 16 Byrne Meadow, Aylesbury, UK.
4. Sponsors Occupation: Business Consultant.
5. Sponsors Earnings: £17000 per annum
7. Sponsors Finance: Natwest Bank savings £2500.00
8. Accommodation Details: Semi-detached house, 3 bedrooms, bathroom, extended dining room and lounge, sitting room, Spam, guest shower room, garage and garden.
9. Number, Date and Place of Issue of Sponsor’s Passport: 736072836, 12th May 2002, Peterborough, UK.
10.Name, Relationship and Address of person in Pakistan who is being sponsored:
Mrs Jimbo Jones, Wife, Sesame Street, Lahore, Pakistan.
Declaration
I, Mr SuperJimbo Jones, hereby solemnly and sincerely declare that if the sponsored person named above is granted leave to remain in the UK I shall be responsible for her support, maintenance and accommodation in the UK throughout the period of her leave.
I also undertake to repatriate her at my cost, if and when necessary, and to bear all the cost of any medical treatment that she may receive. Furthermore I agree to bear all the costs of burial or cremation in the event of her death in this country.
I further understand that I may be committing an offence and liable to prosecution if, after I have given this undertaking, I do not support the sponsored person named above.
Signature of Sponsor:

Date:

Hope that helps

Zak_K

Post by Zak_K » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:43 am

Hi Qasim, I'll send you my documents when I get home from work. I'm not saying that my advise is 100% correct, as you will most certainly be offered contradicting advise. However I applied for my wifes visa in early March, and a month later she was here in the UK, so all my advise comes from personal experience.

I had three documents which were quite similiar, this may well be overkill but I'd rather have covered everything rather than leaving somthing out. Having said that, it's about quality rather than quantity.

I enclosed:

1) A covering letter - rather than making little annotations all over my paperwork I chose to write one letter where I can address all the issues that may need clarification.
2) The SU07/01 form
3) A statutory declaration from myself - the sponsor.

I did post a full list of the documents I submitted in this thread, but I'm sure it's buried under 50 odd pages.

Zak.

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:25 pm

Thank you Zak,

I really appreciate your help.
Any docs or letters that you can send me would be greatly helpful.
I appreciate you saying that your advice might not be 100% correct, but mashallah your wife got the visa so you must have done something right. :)

I'm obviously going to read what you send me and tailor it to my individual situation.

Look forward to your reply :)

RHussain07

Post by RHussain07 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:54 pm

billo wrote:thanks for the info about the TB test guys. My sister-in-law got her first one done at Islamabad so wanted to be sure of where the Mirpur test centre was.

I see you're back RHussain, hope you had a good time in Pakistan with the wife. Fingers crossed for your application :D

Hi - yes finally back. had a great time in Pak. just playing the waiting game now...and its gone queit..

CRT7, someperson, kaidee ???? where you guys man and the rest??!!

Is200
Newly Registered

Post by Is200 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:41 pm

Slaam all

just a quick update, submitted settlement application for my Mrs at Lahore Gerrys on the 31st March 2010, so 9 weeks and 5 days now!

Emailed gerrys at Lahore earlier this morning requesting a update and received the following reply

Dear Mr...............

Thank you for your email. We at Gerry’s have no control over the process or process time of an application. I’ve checked and found out that your wife’s  application  is not yet returned from the British High Commission. 

Applications can be delayed if further checks are required. You may forward email to UKVisaSection.PakistanSettlementEnquiries @fco.gov.uk
for further information.

Kindly keep a track on our website, www.ukvacpk.com  .

We appreciate your understanding and trust in our service.

Thanks and best regards,

Lahore VAC Manager,
UK Visa Application Centre,
Gerry's International,
Lahore

So emailed the other dept to and the wait continues  :(

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:03 pm

RHussain07 wrote:
billo wrote:thanks for the info about the TB test guys. My sister-in-law got her first one done at Islamabad so wanted to be sure of where the Mirpur test centre was.

I see you're back RHussain, hope you had a good time in Pakistan with the wife. Fingers crossed for your application :D

Hi - yes finally back. had a great time in Pak. just playing the waiting game now...and its gone queit..

CRT7, someperson, kaidee ???? where you guys man and the rest??!!
Nice to see you back,well am busy putting togather my application and will inshallah keep you guys informed of my progress.
:)
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:08 pm

@kaidee

Any updates mate??
@zak
Well its really good to see you in touch with this forum mate and people like me who are in the process of making applications could really take benefit from your experience.
Thanks
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.