ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Right of Abode

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ravis
Newly Registered

Right of Abode

Post by ravis » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:15 pm

Hi,

My son was born in India in April 2010. He is a british by descent, we have opted to apply an Indian passport for him. Can I apply a Right of Abode for him with an Indian passport in India? Please advice.

Regards,
RaviS

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:55 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:23 am

Surely though by doing that you are claiming that your son has dual citizenship, which India does not allow. Will the Indian government (immigration officers, etc) realise how the Right of Abode has been obtained?

ravis
Newly Registered

Right of Abode

Post by ravis » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:22 pm

Thanks vinny for the info.. I wud also like to register his bith with British consular, will that be an issue of dual nationality?

krimith

Re: Right of Abode

Post by krimith » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:49 pm

ravis wrote:Thanks vinny for the info.. I wud also like to register his bith with British consular, will that be an issue of dual nationality?
no indian gov allowed dual citizenshi so no problem