ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

3rd extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

skomati

3rd extension

Post by skomati » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:08 am

hi, i am posting this question on behalf of my friend.
He got Hsmp few years ago but entered U.K after 6 months after the visa was issued. He got his 2nd extension recently with the old rules. But to meet ILR requirements, he has to go for 3rd extension. so what rules apply for the 3rd extension? i mean new rules or old rules..
thank you,

skomati

Post by skomati » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:38 am

sorry, i did mistake, it is actually 2nd extension..
here is the question again
He got Hsmp few years ago but entered U.K after 6 months after the visa was issued. He got his 1st extension recently with the old rules. But to meet ILR requirements, he has to go for 2nd extension. so what rules apply for the 2nd extension? i mean new rules or old rules..
thank you,

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:49 am

skomati wrote:sorry, i did mistake, it is actually 2nd extension..
here is the question again
He got Hsmp few years ago but entered U.K after 6 months after the visa was issued. He got his 1st extension recently with the old rules. But to meet ILR requirements, he has to go for 2nd extension. so what rules apply for the 2nd extension? i mean new rules or old rules..
thank you,
old rules

TRANSITIONAL ARRANGEMENTS
We are mindful of the impact that changes to the system can have on migrants who are already in the UK in Tier 1 (General) or one of its predecessors. Therefore we will put in place transitional arrangements to mitigate this impact.
The new points table will not apply to migrants who are in the UK in one of the following immigration categories:
•
Tier 1 (General), with leave granted before 6 April 2010
•
The Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP)
•
Writers, Composers and Artists
•
Self-employed Lawyers

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov. ... -of-policy