ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Recieved ILR at Sheffield PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sawankumar
Newly Registered

Recieved ILR at Sheffield PEO

Post by sawankumar » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:48 pm

Hi to all,
I got ILR for me,wife and one dependant at the Sheffield PEO on 3rd june 2010 in work permit category employed in UK since 1st july 2005.overall it was a good experience and very smooth one,no questions asked and the whole process took 1hr.
My appointment was at 1:30pm,reached very early and kind of checked in at 12:40pm.I was asked to report to counter7.Got a token no from there and asked to wait to be called.12:42 i was called at the counter and after he checked my file,form and he filled his own form with few ticks while we were having a friendly chat.12:46 he asked me to pay the money at the counter.I could remember the exact time bcos he filled these time in his sheet.(i didnt had a stop watch..he...he...)there was no one at the payment desk till 1:15pm.What a disappointment and especially when ur waiting.I was called by a case worker at 1:45pm and she said she is dealing with my case and she will let me know the outcome in the next 1hr.I decided to stay inside and not go out as it was too much of a fuss to go thru the same security checks.To my shock i was called at 2:15pm saying that my application is fine and they are happy to give ILR and i can collect the passport in the next 15mins.I got my passports at 2:30pm and i was out from vulcan house and into Q car park just opposite the road.Good experience.
Finally loads of thanks to all the people who replied to my earlier posts and god bless all.
I would be more than happy to answer any questions asked.
Documents submitted in primary file:
Life in uk test certificate for me and my wife
letter from my manager
leave to remain letter from Work permit UK
6 recent pay slips
all P60s
4 months bank statements
marriage certificate
Health Professional council certificate
my contract copy from the hospital
mortgage letter
land registry
In my secondary folder or backup folder i carried all the payslips and all the official papers i received since i arrived in UK,but none was asked.
cheers

Jas78
Newly Registered

Congrats!!

Post by Jas78 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:38 am

Congrats on your successful application mate!! and thanks for sharing ur experience with the forum. :)

sonia jahan
Newly Registered

Re: Recieved ILR at Sheffield PEO

Post by sonia jahan » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:54 pm

sawankumar wrote:Hi to all,
I got ILR for me,wife and one dependant at the Sheffield PEO on 3rd june 2010 in work permit category employed in UK since 1st july 2005.overall it was a good experience and very smooth one,no questions asked and the whole process took 1hr.
My appointment was at 1:30pm,reached very early and kind of checked in at 12:40pm.I was asked to report to counter7.Got a token no from there and asked to wait to be called.12:42 i was called at the counter and after he checked my file,form and he filled his own form with few ticks while we were having a friendly chat.12:46 he asked me to pay the money at the counter.I could remember the exact time bcos he filled these time in his sheet.(i didnt had a stop watch..he...he...)there was no one at the payment desk till 1:15pm.What a disappointment and especially when ur waiting.I was called by a case worker at 1:45pm and she said she is dealing with my case and she will let me know the outcome in the next 1hr.I decided to stay inside and not go out as it was too much of a fuss to go thru the same security checks.To my shock i was called at 2:15pm saying that my application is fine and they are happy to give ILR and i can collect the passport in the next 15mins.I got my passports at 2:30pm and i was out from vulcan house and into Q car park just opposite the road.Good experience.
Finally loads of thanks to all the people who replied to my earlier posts and god bless all.
I would be more than happy to answer any questions asked.
Documents submitted in primary file:
Life in uk test certificate for me and my wife
letter from my manager
leave to remain letter from Work permit UK
6 recent pay slips
all P60s
4 months bank statements
marriage certificate
Health Professional council certificate
my contract copy from the hospital
mortgage letter
land registry
In my secondary folder or backup folder i carried all the payslips and all the official papers i received since i arrived in UK,but none was asked.
cheers
congrats mate i am also going to sheffield on 9 june,i would like to know that i dont have my original bankstatement since 14 april ,i order it to my bank and they(lloyds)said it will take 1 week or so...but agreed to give me a letter and sign and stamp my estatements....according to ur experience is it acceptable or not?and how much you pay for you and ur wife?is it 1249 pounds?..many thanks,cheers and celebrate.

sawankumar
Newly Registered

bank statements

Post by sawankumar » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:26 pm

preferentially you should have the true copy as it is sent to you by post at ur residence.Cant u just walk into the branch and ask them to print for you.they should be able to do it straight away.i paid £1403 for main applicant and 2 dependants.you can get that figure from the downloaded form.cheers

RANMA
Newly Registered

Dependant on my application

Post by RANMA » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:40 am

Congratulations!!!thanks for sharing your experience with us.
I'm a WP holder with one dependant and we're planning to apply in Sheffield on Aug. I'd like to ask if you bring your dependants at PEO or you just went there alone?
We're planning to book online and I want to know if I need to add or include my one dependant to my appointment. We have noticed that it's difficult to get an appointment for 2.

Thank you