ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Moving from US to UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alanakaja1980

Moving from US to UK

Post by alanakaja1980 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:25 am

Hello,

I am currently living in the US with my US husband. I am from the UK (Scotland). I am in the process of applying for a green card over here.

My husband and I have been discussing the possibility of us coming back to Scotland to live as we aren't really enjoying living here in the US (we have spent lot of money on my green card process but never mind..that's a different story!)

I have been looking at the guidelines and application form for a spouse UK visa for him. I am a bit concerned about the financial side of the application. We will obviously be travelling to Scotland together (once he has his visa). I will have to start applying for a job for myself once I am back home in Scotland. There is a section in the application regarding sponsor's finance eg employment, savings, etc. Does anyone know if it will cause a problem for him if I do not have any current employment in Scotland? I will have some savings, and at first we will be living in my Mum's house until we get settled and have started working. Is there any specific guidelines that say you have to have x amount of money to be able to support your spouse ?

alanakaja1980

Post by alanakaja1980 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:56 am

I forgot to say, will x amount of savings be enough to satisfy the ECO? Or do you suggest I travel back to Scotland before my husband and ensure I have a job before he applies for a visa? (this option is not ideal as we do not want to spend anytime apart from each other).

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:22 am

Employment is always preferable to savings...unless they are very substantial.

alanakaja1980

Post by alanakaja1980 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:13 pm

I won't have any employment as I will be planning to travel at the same time as my husband. We will be trying to save as much as possible - hopefully around £5000.

Has anyone else had a sucessful settlement visa when the sponsor had no employment and travelled to the UK at the same time as the applicant?

kantave
Newly Registered

Post by kantave » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:44 pm

XYZ
Last edited by kantave on Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DaisyG12
Newly Registered

Immigration for family members

Post by DaisyG12 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:39 am

Hello there,

I want to suggest the two most important conditions over here regarding the immigration of your spouse to UK that

* You must be able to support your spouse entirely without recourse to the public funds.
* You must have adequate accommodation where your spouse can live without recourse to public funds.

alanakaja1980

Post by alanakaja1980 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:11 pm

kantave wrote:same case here. spouse UK citizen, no emplyment just an housewife. Showed my employment in India whre I am currently working and bank balance and my uncle's accomodation support.

We are all landing at the same time.

Hope this helps
That helps a lot. Was your visa application accepted?

kantave
Newly Registered

Post by kantave » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:52 am

Sorry for the delay in responding. Yes my visa has been accepted. I got a KOL req visa.

I showed around 20000 pounds as savings and my employment in India and also showed evidence of demand for my skills and education in UK.

I showed evidence of support for our accomodation from my uncle. I also also have two children who are British citizens.

Let me know if you need any information.

alanakaja1980

Post by alanakaja1980 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:46 pm

kantave wrote:Sorry for the delay in responding. Yes my visa has been accepted. I got a KOL req visa.

I showed around 20000 pounds as savings and my employment in India and also showed evidence of demand for my skills and education in UK.

I showed evidence of support for our accomodation from my uncle. I also also have two children who are British citizens.

Let me know if you need any information.

Whooaa £20000 savings :shock: We didn't plan on having that much. We were hoping to have between £5000-£7000 maximum. We will be staying with my Mum so evidence of support for our accomodation is no problem. I am a bit worried now that I may have to come over first and find myself a job before we apply for my husband's visa :(

kantave
Newly Registered

Post by kantave » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:38 am

XYZ