ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP documents delay

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tsukhija
Newly Registered

HSMP documents delay

Post by tsukhija » Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:19 pm

Hi,

I applied for HSMP visa and got approval as communicated on phone. But even after 14 working days, I still haven't received my original documents and approval letters. I already have a job offer from UK employer who is telling me to join asap and I can't unless I get HSMP stamped. Moreoever, HSMP team explained that they won't issue duplicate letter before 12 weeks. This is surprising as if entry clearance needs to be applied in 3 months and duplicate letter will be issued after 12 weeks (close to 3 months), will embassy consider my entry clearance application after 3 months.

Can any of you guys been in this situation? If yes please guide. I guess one thing for sure that if I have to wait uselessly for 12 weeks without duplicate letter, I will surely loose this job offer :(

Cheers,
Tarun

sohail akhter

Post by sohail akhter » Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:24 pm

I answer the second part of your quetion.

When ur hsmp letter is lost or misplaced during the post, the new letter will be sent to you. the date on the hsmp approval wil be the date on which it was reprinted, mean u will get further three months. so don't worry all all regarding the expiry of hsmp approval.

Helena
Newly Registered

Post by Helena » Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:11 pm

Hi there,

In fact I am in the same situation. I have applied for FLR(IED) a week ago and waiting for my passport now. I am due to start my new job on the 27th of March and hoping to get my documents back by this time.

I was told by some of my friends that they waited for 1-2 weeks for the visa.

I am also worried of what is going to happen with HSMP letter after 3 months time expires. I still have to use it to open EC for my dependants who are overseas now.

Could anybody explain me whether HSMP letter would still be valid for my dependants after 3 months? How do I open EC for my dependants if my HSMP letters expire?

Thanks for the help