ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

powermatic

Post by powermatic » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:45 am

CAN SOMEONE PLESE TELL ME AFTER HOW MANY WEEKS ARE WE ALLOWED TO CALL UKBA - IS IT 12 OR 13?

pv
Newly Registered

Post by pv » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:21 am

you can call the ukba after 14 weeks but they dont give out much info. last time i called all they said was tht my application has not been completed. apparently they had no other information available.

zara5
Newly Registered

Post by zara5 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:57 am

powermatic wrote:
zara5 wrote:Hi,

Anyone knows how long does the HO take to send passports back once they have reached a decision? I was asked to come to the HO for an identity check. there they told me to expect the passport within a weeks time. Its been 3 weeks now I haven't recieved anything. when i call them they have no updates. has this happened to anyone here?? how long do they usually take to send the passport back. i applied for ILR under long stay category. any opinions/suggestions will be wellcomed. the wait is aweful !!!
can you please tell us how long are you waiting now? well, I mean since you first applied. Thanks.
i applied end of feb. it comes to 4 months today.

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:16 am

zara5 wrote:
powermatic wrote:

Anyone knows how long does the HO take to send passports back once they have reached a decision? I was asked to come to the HO for an identity check. there they told me to expect the passport within a weeks time. Its been 3 weeks now I haven't recieved anything. when i call them they have no updates. has this happened to anyone here?? how long do they usually take to send the passport back. i applied for ILR under long stay category. any opinions/suggestions will be wellcomed. the wait is aweful !!!
can you please tell us how long are you waiting now? well, I mean since you first applied. Thanks.
You applied under the 10 year qualification, right?

I'm aware of a 14 year app who was in a similar situation - UKBA called them in for further checks. The applicant left thinking they would have a decision in the near future. They didn't hear until 1-2 months later. I'm not 100% sure but all long term applications, 10 & 14 years, are processed by the same unit so I think this is the norm. As someone indicated earlier 10 year applicants received their supporting documents back but didn't receive their passports until a month later.

As to how long you will have to wait, only UKBA have the answer to that and they're not going to tell you :(

zara5
Newly Registered

Post by zara5 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:12 pm

kiwigirl25 wrote:
zara5 wrote:
powermatic wrote:

You applied under the 10 year qualification, right?

I'm aware of a 14 year app who was in a similar situation - UKBA called them in for further checks. The applicant left thinking they would have a decision in the near future. They didn't hear until 1-2 months later. I'm not 100% sure but all long term applications, 10 & 14 years, are processed by the same unit so I think this is the norm. As someone indicated earlier 10 year applicants received their supporting documents back but didn't receive their passports until a month later.

As to how long you will have to wait, only UKBA have the answer to that and they're not going to tell you :(
oohhhh...they told me i would receive it in a weeks time.. :( whats the use of having an infomation line when the have no information

zara5
Newly Registered

Post by zara5 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:19 am

any idea whom do HO use to deliver passports. is it royalmail? this is one of the worst wait ever !!!

danny58
Newly Registered

Post by danny58 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:35 am

no news for me..

called HO today, and answer was ' not completed yet..'

anyone got news?

zara5
Newly Registered

Post by zara5 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:48 am

danny58 wrote:no news for me..

called HO today, and answer was ' not completed yet..'

anyone got news?
at least you got some answer. to me they just say " we have no update on the system" :(

Beige
- thin ice -

Post by Beige » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:10 pm

zara5 wrote:any idea whom do HO use to deliver passports. is it royalmail? this is one of the worst wait ever !!!
Yes, it is royal mail.

zara5
Newly Registered

Post by zara5 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:37 pm

HO sends passports second class signed for? Oh Gosh !! I think Im going crazy with all the waiting !!!!

coolboyuk
- thin ice -

Post by coolboyuk » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:36 pm

Zara, I am not being funny, but when did you apply and what category ? it seems you appeared from no where ?

I apologise if i am being wrong here.. :lol:

DA375

Post by DA375 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:25 pm

15 th week and waiting......

zara5
Newly Registered

Post by zara5 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:24 pm

coolboyuk wrote:Zara, I am not being funny, but when did you apply and what category ? it seems you appeared from no where ?

I apologize if i am being wrong here.. :lol:
no u're not being wrong...i would think the same thing. it doe s look like i barged my way into the forum. i should've introduced myself . i think all the waiting is getting to my head.

i applied under the long stay category 10 yr student. applied in end of feb, received acknowledgment 3 march. and now waiting for the passport.

ILR-2010

Post by ILR-2010 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:31 pm

Hi Zara5,welcome to the Forum
I also applied in early February this year,still waiting,called them twice,the only answer I got was my application has not been completed yet, they couldn't even tell me if my case has been assigned to a case worker. So I understand your stress on the waiting bit....
I know this summer wont be easy,but time does flies, do something else to keep yourself busy,so you weren't keep your mind on this all the time,get a job if you r still student,even existing visa expired we can still work,I just recently got a part-time job,so keep myself occupied that I won't think about my PR that often now.
God bless us all!!! :wink:

Murat
Newly Registered

ILR Set(O) JR December Application

Post by Murat » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:59 pm

Dear All,

I have applied for ILR Set(o) JR in Just before CHristmas and received my confirmation letter on 29/12/2009.

I have applied for myself and also 2 dependants and still waiting for my application to be completed.

I would like to know if anybody applied around this time and still waiting ? Or someone who got their passports..

I have called them a couple times in the last weeks and as you will guess it was the same reply which is "not being completed yet"..

I had to cancel all my holiday arrangements for June and still do not have a clue on completion date..

Regards

Murat

DA375

Re: ILR Set(O) JR December Application

Post by DA375 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:54 pm

Murat wrote:Dear All,

I have applied for ILR Set(o) JR in Just before CHristmas and received my confirmation letter on 29/12/2009.

I have applied for myself and also 2 dependants and still waiting for my application to be completed.

I would like to know if anybody applied around this time and still waiting ? Or someone who got their passports..

I have called them a couple times in the last weeks and as you will guess it was the same reply which is "not being completed yet"..

I had to cancel all my holiday arrangements for June and still do not have a clue on completion date..

Regards

Murat
Welcome Murat, well if you read the previous post by all of us you will find the answer to your question....

coolboyuk
- thin ice -

Post by coolboyuk » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:15 am

Zara. did you receive any documents or letter back after your acknowledgement letter ?

zara5
Newly Registered

Post by zara5 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:29 am

coolboyuk wrote:Zara. did you receive any documents or letter back after your acknowledgement letter ?
yes. i was asked to come to the home office for identity check. they said passport will arrive in a weeks time. its been 3 weeks now. still waiting..:(

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:55 am

Regards

Murat
Hi Murat

Can you clarify if you applied on a 5 year or 10 year basis? From the information you've posted it seems to me you've applied on a 5 year JR basis, but I may have this wrong. If it is under the 5 year basis then it may be best if you raise your query under that thread. You would have more of a chance of finding someone that has had a similar experience. Long waits for 5 year applicants is highly unusual whereas 10 year apps it's the norm so we can only empathise with you.

If it is on a 10 year basis please stay and lament with the others!!

Good luck

osteophytes

Post by osteophytes » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:05 pm

How can you include dependants in a 10 yr long residence ILR application?

Regards

Murat

Beige
- thin ice -

Post by Beige » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:44 am

osteophytes wrote:How can you include dependants in a 10 yr long residence ILR application?

Regards

Murat

I don't think its a long residence application, I think its a HSMP (JR) application.

Murat
Newly Registered

ILR Aoplication

Post by Murat » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:57 pm

I have applied after 4 years of HSMP permit under HSMP JR rules. I had originally 1 year and then 4 years HSMP extension but with the dates I had my first HSMP visa I am entitled to apply to ILR after four years.

Hope that answers your questions..

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Re: ILR Aoplication

Post by kiwigirl25 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:33 pm

Murat wrote:I have applied after 4 years of HSMP permit under HSMP JR rules. I had originally 1 year and then 4 years HSMP extension but with the dates I had my first HSMP visa I am entitled to apply to ILR after four years.

Hope that answers your questions..
It did, thank you.

You've posted in the wrong thread. To get better advice go to this thread:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... &start=660

This is where all the HSMP JR/5 year applicants congregate :)

Murat
Newly Registered

ILR

Post by Murat » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:06 pm

Thanks and sorry for posting to the wrong thread.. Wishing everybody good luck and hope you'll get better news soon..

zeddie

Post by zeddie » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:07 pm

yes, you have posted in the wrong thread. please follow kiwigirl25's advice and post in the other thread. thanks