ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK TIER 1 VISA AGE

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

skp10
Newly Registered

UK TIER 1 VISA AGE

Post by skp10 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:24 pm

I am turning into 30years by this july 1st. Planning to launch my application before the 1st july. Currently i am getting 20 points for my age. If i become 30 yrs. old i would get only 10 points and cant get the cut off mark. My query is while my VISA under process if i turn in to 30yrs. Will they consider the current age or proceed with the credentials as on the date of application launched? Please respond. :)

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: UK TIER 1 VISA AGE

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:53 pm

skp10 wrote:I am turning into 30years by this july 1st. Planning to launch my application before the 1st july. Currently i am getting 20 points for my age. If i become 30 yrs. old i would get only 10 points and cant get the cut off mark. My query is while my VISA under process if i turn in to 30yrs. Will they consider the current age or proceed with the credentials as on the date of application launched? Please respond. :)
Your age on the date of application would be considered.

65. The points can be claimed provided the applicant falls within the particular age band indicated above, on the date of their application.

69. To claim these points, applicants must fall within the age bands specified on the date of their application.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf
Last edited by aruni4470 on Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

muditmalhotra
Member of Standing

Re: UK TIER 1 VISA AGE

Post by muditmalhotra » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:55 pm

skp10 wrote:I am turning into 30years by this july 1st. Planning to launch my application before the 1st july. Currently i am getting 20 points for my age. If i become 30 yrs. old i would get only 10 points and cant get the cut off mark. My query is while my VISA under process if i turn in to 30yrs. Will they consider the current age or proceed with the credentials as on the date of application launched? Please respond. :)
Date as on you apply.

in country application ??

gd_Shepherd

Post by gd_Shepherd » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:10 pm

There was a clause which I think could be used suitably in your case. Application date is considered as the earliest between the date fees paid or biometric details submitted. So by paying fees earlier may be you could gain the points to the maximum extent.

There was a thread along these lines earlier. Searching the boards will be helpful to get that thread.

Shepherd

skp10
Newly Registered

Post by skp10 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:24 am

Thanks a lot for your responses. :D